New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Borgy Manotoc to run for mayor of Manila

Former First Lady Imelda Marcos has given up her candidacy for mayor in Manila to give way to her grandson, Borgy Manotoc, Ilocos Norte Rep. Imee Marcos said Monday.

The congresswoman said that she convinced her mother to make way for Manotoc since he can serve the people of Manila better.

"My Mom figured that since she wasn't getting any younger that it should be Borgy who runs and she be the campaign manager," Marcos told ABS-CBN.

"Borgy is a better politician than I am when it comes to dealing with people. I have no doubt he can handle the pressures of politics on his own. He's mature enough," she added.

Marcos said her 20-year-old son, who is also a model by profession, would get votes from young people, especially those in the depressed areas of Tondo, Manila. "Borgy is not just a Marcos. He's a Manotoc and the Manotocs are from Gagalangin, Tondo," she added.

At least six candidates have reportedly aired plans to run for the mayoral seat next year including Vice-Mayor Danny Lacuña, Ali Atienza, former Manila Rep. Mark Jimenez, Rep. Joey Hizon of the fifth district of Manila, and Senators Alfredo Lim and Panfilo Lacson.
    grabe talaga, wala na maisip na iba itong mga Marcoses geez

Read Here
    Last edited by artpogi; October 16th, 2006 at 05:45 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    aw aw!

awoooooooooooooo!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakopow.... pero ganda ng campaign nyan. si ornussa cadness ang nakadisplay dyan.

pero in fairness, sarap manood ng election contest dyan sa manila...napaka interesting....

For Mayor

Lacson
    Atienza (yung anak)
    Lacuna
    Borgy (hehehehe)

For Vice Mayor

Manny Pacquaio
    Cesar Montano

puros high profile ah.

sa amin kasi sa las pinas, sigurado aguilar ulit yan. walang kalaban eh. another interesting fight is dito sa makati... binay - lito lapid.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    star studed talaga ang manila. ano kaya magagawa nila sa manila???? at da same time, may mapapala ba sila sa mga ito???

buti na lng taga las pinas ako, kahit aguilar ulit, may nagawa namn na maganda (maliban sa counter flow)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what's wrong with Borgy? is it because he's related to the marcoses that he will not be a good mayor? good thing Imelda is not running anymore!!! c'mon a lot of politicians have emerged not related to marcos or aquino or ramos or arroyo, etc. and yet they are still worse tsk tsk tsk!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    isa lang masasabi ko hindi sya mayabang in person.

di mo akalain marcos-manotoc sya

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's wrong with a 20 year old being the mayor of Manila... hmmmm... can't think of it... wait, it's going to come to me....

Maybe... gasp, he needs more experience?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    what's wrong with Borgy? is it because he's related to the marcoses that he will not be a good mayor? good thing Imelda is not running anymore!!! c'mon a lot of politicians have emerged not related to marcos or aquino or ramos or arroyo, etc. and yet they are still worse tsk tsk tsk!
    Paano ka ba nagha-hire ng empleyado sa kumpanya? Ganyan din yan. The problem with certain voters is that they don't know how to set QUALIFICATIONS for the job opening. And when they band together and become the majority, you will end up with people like JINGGOY ESTRADA at the Senate.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ano na bang nangyayari dito sa pinas puro artista na ang mga pulitiko. Yung mga may pinag-aralan silang takot tumakbo tsk tsk tsk.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My gulay... he doesn't even have a shred of work experience outside of showbiz.

I would have appreciated if he ran as a councilor first and rising up the ranks.

If he ever wins the said election - guess who'll be breathing down his neck and dictating from "experience" on what to do.

Go Mayor Fred Lim! :jump:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Manila is going to the dogs