New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    nakatatak na rin sa mga maralita kung sino lang ang kilala nila, un lang ang iboboto nila...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Ano na bang nangyayari dito sa pinas puro artista na ang mga pulitiko. Yung mga may pinag-aralan silang takot tumakbo tsk tsk tsk.
    Moro-moro o sarzuela lang naman!:groupwave: :groupwave:

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Si Borgy

INQ7.net

(UPDATE) THE 23-year-old model-son of Ilocos Norte Representative Imee Marcos and not former First Lady Imelda Marcos, is running for mayor in Manila in 2007, the lawmaker revealed on Monday.

Congresswoman Marcos said her mother was able to convince her son, Borgy Manotoc, to run for the post since he has a lot to offer to the people of Manila particularly the youth.

The former First Lady will become Borgy's campaign manager instead, Congresswoman Marcos said.

The lawmaker expressed confidence that Borgy could easily win Manila's primary voting bloc, which are mostly composed of young voters.

Besides the former First Lady being the former governor of Metro Manila still has strong influence and charisma among the people in depressed areas in Manila, she said.

“With Borgy, it's like having Imelda Marcos run as mayor of Manila,” the lawmaker said.

“Having my mom as Borgy's campaign manager, he will definitely get a solid vote in Manila particularly in Sampaloc, Pandacan, Tondo, Quiapo, Binondo, Sta. Cruz, San Miguel and other barangay [villages] in the city,” she said.

She said Borgy's “lineage and roots” were all from Manila starting from his father, sportsman Tommy Manotoc, and his grandparents who were all from Tondo.

At 23, Borgy will be the youngest mayoralty candidate in Manila as compared to experienced turks like Senators Panfilo Lacson and Alfredo Lim, Congressman Rodolfo Bacani, Vice Mayor Danny Lacuna, and former congressman Mark Jimenez, said Congresswoman Marcos.

Born Martin Marcos Manotoc on April 9, 1983, Borgy -- his father gave him the moniker Borgy after tennis icon Bjorn Borg -- would be the youngest mayoralty candidate in Manila's history at 23 years-old.

Known for his good looks, Borgy has modeled for Bench, Adidas, and Swatch and also appeared on a TV sitcom. He recently finished his studies at the City College of New York, majoring in advertising and public relations, while working part-time at an independent record label.

But despite being a Marcos, Borgy is known to be simple -- he says goes to Divisoria and enjoys getting bargains -- and was described in a June 2004 Inquirer interview as a "sensitive, witty, young man finely attuned to the reality around him.''

In that interview, Borgy said he was not being groomed for politics but admitted that he might later join the fray.

"I think politics has been part of the plan for my family, my mom included. So I can't say I'm not gonna do it. But in the next five years definitely not,'' Borgy said.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Campaign slogan for Borgy?
    Resistance is futile.

Even if Borgy wins, the Borg Queen will pull the strings.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    if borgy wins, he'll be the car, and who's the driver? imelda and imee.. too much trapos... correct me if im wrong!!!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    BORGY MANOTOC!!!

bwahahaahahahahhaha!!!!

buti nalang tuwing bakasyon lang ako nandyan :bwahaha:

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by k2tingx View Post
    if borgy wins, he'll be the car, and who's the driver? imelda and imee.. too much trapos... correct me if im wrong!!!
    eh! ano pa nga ba ang maaasahan mo? talagang ganuon ang kalalabasan noon.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    please.. please... wag naman sana.

Mayor at 24? doesn't he have anything else to do and get first? something like.. I dunno, maybe experience perhaps?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....PR niyan si tim yap. he'll turn the mayor's office into a party place.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    Mga botante ang may kasalanan niyan. Dapat kasi, baguhin nila yung minimum requirement para sa mga kandidato para naman ma-proteksyonan tayo sa mga hunghang na botante. Lugi kasi tayo eh, ang dami nila.
    natawa ako dito....mainly because of the use of the word "hunghang". one of my favorite tagalog words :bwahaha:

someone once told me "the great thing about democracy is that you get the government that you deserve". that's all very well and good, pero papano naman yung mga natatangay sa agos ng mga hunghang? :bwahaha:

ps - it never ceases to astound me how Marcoses still get elected or even taken seriously in Philippine politics. what, the small little fact that their family stole billions, utterly destroyed a once-promising future for the country, and plunged it into deep poverty and despair....doesn't count as a disqualification?
    Last edited by empy; October 17th, 2006 at 01:05 AM. Reason: added PS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Manila is going to the dogs