New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which is better to learn?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mandarin

7 87.50%
  • Amoy

0 0%
  • other

1 12.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'm currently trying to learn how to speak and understand Chinese language (Amoy) since I really need it when trading.

Which is better or faster to learn? I'm not really familiar which is more widely used in the business community but my chinoy friends say that it is better for me to learn Amoy first then Mandarin.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Amoy or Fookien is just a chinese dialect in the fujian province and also taiwan..most of our southeast asian neighbors speaks canotonese and mandarin. Go for Mandarin.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir gone in 60 seconds, i suggest fukien. why? kasi most chinese speaks fukien. after learning fukien, then go to mandarin kasi this is the national language ng china and eto ang internationally spoken chinese dialect.

so sir, kung plano mo lang eh for local conversation o pang pilipinas lang, fukien is the way to go. but learning both is good.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Majority of the local Chinoys here speak Fookien language, but Chinese schools here teach Mandarin which is the official Chinese language with the medium of instructions and explanation in Fookien

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mandarin. Pero Fookien is more used by FILIPINO-CHINESE since most Tsinoys came from Fujian province. Pero Mandarin is the common language of everyone. Pumunta ka Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taiwan and yes even Xiamen in Fujian maiintindihan ka nila kapag Madarin.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Majority of the local Chinoys here speak Fookien language, but Chinese schools here teach Mandarin which is the official Chinese language with the medium of instructions and explanation in Fookien
    naalala ko sinabi ng chinese teacher namin nung high school, dapat daw fukien ang tinuturo sa mga bata kasi eto ang mas ginagamit sa pilipinas.

ang amoy, parang hindi ko pa ata naririnig eto

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    I'm currently trying to learn how to speak and understand Chinese language (Amoy) since I really need it when trading.

Which is better or faster to learn? I'm not really familiar which is more widely used in the business community but my chinoy friends say that it is better for me to learn Amoy first then Mandarin.

Thanks!
    Are you planning to do trade from abroad? If yes, then mandarin is your choice of language.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    naalala ko sinabi ng chinese teacher namin nung high school, dapat daw fukien ang tinuturo sa mga bata kasi eto ang mas ginagamit sa pilipinas.

ang amoy, parang hindi ko pa ata naririnig eto
    Amoy aka Xiamen is a place and not a language, they speak Fukien in that area of China.

TS if you do international business then learn Mandarin if just regional business then Fukien is fine.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=1]Mandarin for me [/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If you want to trade in binondo...fookien... if international trade...mandarin. taiwan also speak fookien but very sharp sound unlike in the philippines it more with "ah" at the end.

Think Global

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mandarin or Amoy?