New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't know if this has been talk about it, especially for vehicles in the 3 and up old.

are you the waiting type? pag meron nasira saka na pagawa or are you the type na X number of years for this parts, whether sira or not palitan na.

tires, filters and fluids not included ha... basta consumable commonsense naman na pinapalitan talaga regularly.

ako personally I'm the waiting type, for A/C I don't have it clean annually, pinapliatan ko lang filter and kung meron na nasira ot humina lamig then thats the time I replaced whatever parts na needed palitan.

same with suspensions, pag meron na tumutunog saka na palitan.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    As a first time car owner and have minimal to zero knowledge yet on fixing cars, I think I will stick to the manual for now.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Im now trying X number of yrs.
    Im DONE maintaining old cars via the waiting game since when it rains, it pours.
    They say prevention is better than the cure

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I wait for symptoms to pop up. I don't preemptively replace parts unless there's indication of an imminent failure. Then I decide whether to have it repaired or replaced.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With older cars, I followed the maintenance schedule shown in the manual. With newer cars, the schedule is already programmed in the computer software. I might have an oil change or tune up earlier than scheduled if I was about to go on a road trip. I might do the same if it has been unusually dusty.

I don't wait around until symptoms appear. For example, my wife's car has a CVT. I'm not very trusting of CVTs even though her car's model year has not been included in recalls and the CVT is fine. Bad idea to wait for symptoms of a bad CVT to appear.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 10th, 2019 at 08:01 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    On older cars where part-sourcing could be a challenge, the basic consumables & parts of the known WHEN-not-the-if-They-Fail kind are stocked in my parts bin.
    On steering & suspension rehab, I'd do all in 1 go, instead of replacing just the isolated parts & having another crack at it when some other bit clunks & goes. This way, I'd grab the new car silence, ride & drive back.[emoji4]
    Most, from religious PMS to mystery huntdowns, would be DIY except for the couple on Mazda's Yojin care.
    Cars here stay...for decades, some. Effort worthy? That's seldom measured when passion & happiness dictate. The bonus of proper care & use? Loyal service.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    nagpaservice ako ng Santa Fe ko lately, last time na service Jan 2018, ngaun June 2019, ang damage eh 2,100 lang sa Shell hihi, plus bumile ako sa fronte ng air filter saka aircon filter, 780 lahat. tipid din Hyundai diesel parang old school Pajero, Shell Helix na dilaw lang

siguro sa December 2020 na ulet ako pa-service

PMS cost ko mas mahal pa magpa-full tank ng Santa fe hihi pero wait, P39 / liter nga lang pala ako sa Landers Caltex

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kulit mo naman mini eh sinabi ko na mga fluids, filters, tires hinde na pinag uusapan yan eh

yun nga parts talaga, number of years ka ba or pag meron sira saka na pagawa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Im now trying X number of yrs.
    Im DONE maintaining old cars via the waiting game since when it rains, it pours.
    They say prevention is better than the cure

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    So how do you do it? Let's say mga suspension parts ilan years to replace them?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    So how do you do it? Let's say mga suspension parts ilan years to replace them?

Suspension parts don’t usually break so keeping a certain number of months to replace them may not be a good idea. Shock absorbers, bushings, ball joints, and stabilizer links show tell-tale signs when they need replacement.

There are certain cars which have more robust suspension parts and thus require more time to break down.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast