New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Guys, I'm lucky to be alive. I was involved in a major accident last Saturday evening just a few meters in front of my house. I was rammed by a 10-wheeler truck carrying stones from a quarry.

I was slowing to a stop because I was about to signal for a turn to my left because I was about to go in the yard. Then all of a sudden, this huge truck suddenly veered to his left to allegedly avoid a lampost. Due to his stupid and reckless move, he hit my van square on the left side, ripping my doors to shreds and the left side of his truck missing me by inches.

I saw the accident coming. The time frame for an accident-free evasive maneouver was not in the situation to I did what I could: I put the van in 'D', jammed the accelerator and started to move to my right. If I had not done so, the left-side head of his truck would have hit me head on and I would have been dead. I knew from the impact that the truck would drag my vehicle. So when he hit, I put the shift into 'N'. Then, the truck dragged for nearly a good ten meters.

When I got out to assess the situation, my neighbors and I were horrified to realize that if my van would not have been there, the truck would have hit a house that only has a wooden-picket fence, and would have killed all the occupants of the master bedroom, which was facing the side of the road.

In a way, I'm lucky. Other than being thankfully alive, the ripped parts of the van could be replaced. But had I not moved right-forward, the situation would have been different. While he signed a written agreement at the police station that he would repair the van (we did bring to a repair shop of my choice yesterday - a shop that specializes in the restoration of SUVs and vans), he seems reneging on his written statement. So, I'm now preparing a demand letter, demanding that he have my van restored on the agreed date. If not, I have already asked my lawyer to file a criminal case against the owner (who was with the driver when the accident happened) and his driver.

Just look at the attached pictures. All of the bystanders thought I was dead. I mean, being hit hard and the van being dragged and all.

After the incident, I reflected back and had this re-affirmation that God really loves me and cares for me. That the accident was God using his bull-horn reminding me of my Christian duties to my fellow-men and to him.

I'm lucky and blessed to be alive.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    buti nalang u were not harmed, kaya pala MIA ka last few days..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Glad you're ok man.

And the driver and owner of the truck? Are they gonna pay up?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    that's scary... good thing you have a very fast response in the accident

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Glad you're ok man.

And the driver and owner of the truck? Are they gonna pay up?
    Yes, they're goint to pay-up. The vehicle is now at the shop. But the owner of the truck had this idea to pull the van out of the shop and bring it to Capalangan. I put my foot down and said no. Capalangan? An old car of mine almost got chop-choped there and he wants to bring it to that place. He is trying every trick to make sure that the advantage is with him.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Glad you're ok man.
    Thanks man. 'Appreciate it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Thats a very close call (kung medyo mabagal bagal arangkada mo sapul ka talaga). Pre bilib ako sa presence of mind mo in this situation. Ang na rip ba dito yung passenger door ng deli? But still it just reminds us of how thin a line that divides life and death. Your really very lucky!!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    buti nalang u were not harmed
    Thanks bro.

Damn, I was scared shitless. If I had not moved right, my cranium would have been crushed.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rhops
    Thats a very close call (kung medyo mabagal bagal arangkada mo sapul ka talaga). Pre bilib ako sa presence of mind mo in this situation. Ang na rip ba dito yung passenger door ng deli? But still it just reminds us of how thin a line that divides life and death. Your really very lucky!!
    Passeger door was totally ripped to shreds. The driver side door, while not ripped from the post, has three huge gashes on the side. My bullbar has been bent like a pretzel. My new Pirelli Scorpion tyre has a four-inch rip. My PIAA fog-lamp is cracked.

Yeah bro. I'm very lucky.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    good thing you are ok.
    bro, HE sent you to protect the lives of your neighbor...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Lucky to be alive.