New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I'm a fan of Pavarotti. It started when I bought the 1st Thee Tenors album in the '90s out of sheer curiosity for opera. From then, I was hooked. Listening to Pavarotti made me appreciate opera music, although I don't watch opera shows/musicales.

Sad day...
    Last edited by nicolodeon; September 6th, 2007 at 02:26 PM.

RIP :pope: He was a legend

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    RIP Luciano...you're my peyborit sa aking opera for idiots CD.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=RdTBml4oOZ8"]YouTube - Pavarotti "nessun dorma"[/ame]
    The Maestro . The last note almost made me well up .
    Last edited by Negus; September 6th, 2007 at 03:36 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    like nicolodeon, i bought the first Three Tenors cd out of curiousity. ive been hooked eversince. bought as much Pavarotti cds as i could. saw Maestro sing in Manila in the 90s and i still consider it one of the best music events of my life (right up there with seeing Metallica and Sting live and moshing to Pearl Jam and Rage Against the Machine).

Opera has lost one of its best stars, probably the best Tenor in history.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RIP Maestro Pavarotti.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RIP Luciano Pavarotti

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Black flag flies over Vienna Opera house for Pavarotti

ASI 257 3 e 173-QE45Entertainment-Italy,
    REAXVIENNA, Sept 6, 2007 (AFP) - The Vienna Opera raised a black flag on Thursday to mark the death of Italian tenor Luciano Pavarotti, as its director mourned the passing of the "most beautiful tenor voice" of our time. The famed Opera house, where Pavarotti performed on several occasions, unfurled the flag following news of the singer's death, an unusual honour normally performed only for honorary members of the Opera. Vienna Opera director Ioan Holender, who had worked with Pavarotti, said his death meant "losing the most beautiful tenor voice of my time and furthermore a man, who through his craft, affected people in an extraordinary way and gave the public an enormous amount."Holender also said he was "glad" Pavarotti had sung "his last new role" of Andre Chenier in Vienna. In Bulgaria, the national radio station announced it would be playing Pavarotti arias throughout the day.
    ssw-ds/gh/Entertainment-Italy-music-people-Pavarotti-AustriaAFP September 06, 2007 4:37:20 PM

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Arrivederci Maestro Luciano.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Luciano Pavarotti dies at 71