New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Did you break the vehicle speed limit today?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 66.67%
  • No

5 23.81%
  • I broke the speed limit while walking!

2 9.52%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Speed limits on expressways are stupid. The public is definitely NOT supposed to be there.
    The 100kph expressway speed limit is too low. It should be at least 120kph.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dopamine101 View Post
    speed limit of (40kph)?! MAg bike na lang ako kung ganyan lang.

OT: parusa ang traffic sa Slex! last week lang byahe ko umabot ng 2hrs(mla-Southwoods) with a 10mins stop over sa gas station.
    Sus... that's nothing. On Fridays, it goes up to 3-4 hours.

Just last night, I left QC at 10 pm para medyo sigurado... obviously... hindi pa okay... traffic at a standstill at Shell. Just stopped and had a snack to wait it out... by midnight, it was still slow, but moving, at least.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The 100kph expressway speed limit is too low. It should be at least 120kph.
    I agree... but that would force them to be very strict with the minimum speed limit.

Even driving within the limit is dangerous sometimes. Can't count the number of times I've had to suddenly swerve to avoid someone merging left at just 30-40 km/h into 80-100 km/h traffic... it's even scarier if you're surrounded by trucks... I've seen a few start to jack-knife because some a$$hole coming out of a tollgate decides to swerve into traffic suddenly while going below the minimum...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Those speed limits are outdated. But then again, so are a lot of the cars (and drivers) we have here. But despite that, I think they should increase the speed limits already. I would think after about 30 years (assuming it was still Marcos who signed the speed limits into law), the cars nowadays can handle more speed safely.

As to the expressways, at wide areas, I think 100 kph should be increased to 120 kph.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It should be an autobahn (it has always been anyway). Limitless.

At least, drivers would drive to their cars and skill's capacity.
    Last edited by Horsepower; October 19th, 2007 at 05:33 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I agree... but that would force them to be very strict with the minimum speed limit...
    Ah yes, this would be very nice.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    speed limits are applicable to areas that needs special implementation as the case may be, for expressway 100-120 kph is ok

for city driving, it depends on major roads, probably 80kph, minor road 40kph

though personally i go beyond that=p

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    to the DOTC

Sige, lagyan lahat ng kalsada, pati eskinita dito sa metro manila ng speed cameras...

ano kamo, napaso na kayo ZTE projects?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    para sa heavy equipment yata yang law na yan...:burp:

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    yung highway speed limits sinusunod ko (80kph and 100kph sa nlex and slex). pero yung city speed limits na 40kph, hindi. around 60kph ako pag maluwag tapos city. pero pag residential areas, mabagal lang talaga hehe

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
LTO Vehicle Speed Limits - EDSA max speed limit 40 km/h for cars [merged threads]