The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    and the blacklisted developer Globe Asiatique

hehe

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Usually kung bibili ka sa mga developer ng house eh pag sinabi mong "low cost" ay malaki ang posibilidad na gumamit sila ng mga sub-standard na mga bakal, semento at mga pako. Pati na rin sa pagdesign nila eh tinitidnan nila kung saan sila makakatipid. Kung tapos na yung bahay na binebenta nila at yun ang makikita mo ay hindi mo mapapansin na maliliit yung mga poste at bakal na ginamit. Noong ako ay naghahanap ng bahay na mabibili sa mga subdivision eh yan ang mga tinididnan ko ng mabuti, lahat ng napuntahan ko eh ang liliit ng poste at yung mga bakal na ginamit, considering na 2 storey yung house.

Halos lahat ng house shopper eh sa itsura nagcoconcentrate, laging naneneglect yung tibay ng structure.

In short, I ended up building my own house.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    well they don't care naman if the houses start falling apart within a year

what matters is they get paid by govt home financing companies

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    and the blacklisted developer Globe Asiatique

hehe
    Hindi ko na nga sinama sa listahan eh. :D

It's a given that defects do come out and developers are required to repair them... albeit it is quite costly and really throws developers off their budget schedule. Its not only about finding the developer with no defects but one who is responsive in repairing them just as well.

The name of the game is for the construction people to get things right the first time around and forget the "rush" jobs; From what i have experienced so far, its usually it's the rush to meet deadlines, lack of full coordination between design and engineering, (or a stupid ass project manager) that results in defects.

In most cases defects are not related to structural integrity but with finishing (superficial cracks, leaks, poor water fixture quality etc). With regard to steel and concrete used, you don't buy substandard products since these basic suppliers are always the established cement and steel companies. You can save some by choosing concrete that attains its designed load bearing strength after a longer curing period but you have to balance this with your construction time table (which is dictated also by your sales). If they adhere to the design, construction and the proper curing periods as specified by the materials and technology used, defects can be minimized greatly. If ever, you'll find the cheap materials in the finishing used (countertops/cabinets, flooring, wood, lighting and plumbing fixtures).

How do most developers try to bring down cost? More units, lesser size is one common thing you would see with some of the players. Also, developers will not get paid by the banks, Pag-ibig, etc. until they comply with all the documentation and that the unit is turned over to and accepted by the buyer.
    Last edited by vinj; August 6th, 2012 at 12:14 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Ganun pala meaning ng low cost housing..they use sub standard materials..just like what happen sa the ruby towers dati..konting lindol ay gumiba agad..

Question here is that pano natin malalaman kung tama ba sa "mm" kapal ng bar ang gagamitin? At kung gaano kalalim ung kailangan i hukaw para sa fondatin ng bahay..lets say 2story house..would a construction foreman knows it? Or kapa kapaan?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^

it's too literal to define it that way

--

low cost housing projects are built on cheap land

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Developers get tax perks when they construct low-cost housing.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    Ganun pala meaning ng low cost housing..they use sub standard materials..just like what happen sa the ruby towers dati..konting lindol ay gumiba agad..

Question here is that pano natin malalaman kung tama ba sa "mm" kapal ng bar ang gagamitin? At kung gaano kalalim ung kailangan i hukaw para sa fondatin ng bahay..lets say 2story house..would a construction foreman knows it? Or kapa kapaan?
    If i were building a house, i'd still go the way of getting an contractor or at least a licensed engineer as consultant at the very least. Don't rely on the foreman solely as i'd liken it to having my car fixed by a tabi-tabi mechanic with no formal training... hit or miss ka dyan and i wouldn't bet something as valuable as my house on that. Dyan ka magkaka-"Ruby Towers".

I've seen my friend do their house extension (two floors) with only a construction workers and foreman, ayun, humiwalay yung isang wall dahil sa maling paggawa ng foundation. Medyo panget din kasi yun lupa sa area nila (Antipolo) from what i know.

Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Developers get tax perks when they construct low-cost housing.
    Yep, that's given by the BOI for projects with units costing P 3.0M and below. Even with all the condos going up, there is still a backlog in actual housing versus the population. The only thing is what segment that backlog is at and whether that segment can afford housing or qualify to finance their home purchases.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    meron din bang low cost condos?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

di ko sure ha pero noong panahon ni Marcos may housing project si Imelda yung tinatawag na BLISS? tama ba?

yun ba yung mga low rise condos para sa low income people?

--

low cost condos? SM hehehe

mass producer ng condo

grabe ang bilis magtayo ng building ang SM
    Last edited by uls; August 6th, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Low cost housing