New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    regionalization is very much alive....

actually, kahit sa baryo namin, kapag taga ibang baryo ka at iba ang punto mo e pinagtatawanan ka din...

as for the bisaya issue, dapat sisihin ang tv sa maling pagpoportray nila sa mga palabas...pati na sa sine..
    Last edited by b1rken5tock; December 28th, 2007 at 04:59 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by b1rken5tock View Post
    regionalization is very much alive....

as for the bisaya issue, dapat sisihin ang tv sa maling pagpoportray nila sa mga palabas...pati na sa sine..
    Agree here.

Ang ating media ang nagpo-promote ng diskriminasyon sa ating bansa,- mulan noon, hangga ngayon...

5000:boom:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i was born in manila, grew up in bicol, then moved to cavite and studied in manila. worked in the US and now have a business in the visayas! (yes i'm an old f*rt!)

i have close friends in all the places i've been and in my opinion, those who discriminates are usually the uneducated or the ones who didn't learn from their education! :peace:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    That's also why I shun separate Fil-AM organizations based on dialect or province/region here in the US. It breeds this kind of behavior. Too many Pinoys make a big deal of their dialect/province or whatever college in the Philippines they graduated from..... They're not happy to be simply Pinoys....
    That reminds of the UP Alumni Associations in the Bay Area. The one in Oakland, if it is still existing, is actually a break-away group from the one in SF. The group lost in the elections but wanted so badly to be officers they broke away and formed their own group. Needless to say, I never bothered joining either.

There are actually a lot of Fil-Am groups in the SF Bay Area that I think among ethnic groups, Fil-Ams have the most number of registered ethnic-oriented organizations/associations. It may sound impressive to others until they find out that most of these organizations have very few members, or rather officers, since practically all their members are officers.

Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    kahit ako din dito sa US na experience ko din yan. one time I asked someone kung ano nationality niya.. sabi sa akin "Hawaiian" (which dapat talaga American, kasi state ng America ang Hawaii) anywayz, yung pag alis ko, na bigla nalang ako nung narinig ko siyang mag Ilocano!! .. talagang "Feeling" ng loko! lolz!
    Hehe. Times have really changed. It used to be when you ask a Pinoy oldtimer in Hawaii, "Are you Filipino?" his answer would typically be "No, I am Ilocano."

I guess they must have adopted the kamaaina's attitude of refusing to recognize the mainland. (Some of the older Hawaiians refuse to accept statehood and view the whole thing as colonization; hence they refuse to consider themselves Americans.)
    Last edited by architect; December 28th, 2007 at 09:38 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and all the OA reactions when comments like those from TV shows, media and blogs are so hypocritical....

good thing majority of Filipinos are light hearted, otherwise, a civil war could've erupted eons ago..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I really don't see the big deal. We hav these problems for a long time and everyone knows it. Ang importante ay makisama ka sa kapwa tao mo at magpakatao ka sa iba.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by juntzo View Post
    those who discriminates are usually the uneducated or the ones who didn't learn from their education! :peace:
    +1

Born in mindanao, grade school in cebu, high school in bacolod, college in manila and now based here. I was always the new kid in school who couldnt speak the local language and only english, and therefore, "mayabang". I learned quickly enough though.

Lahat ng insularism naramdaman ko, from the cebuanos making fun of ilonggos, to ilonggos making fun of cebuanos, to the people from luzon making fun of the people from vis-min (who, would actually band together when in manila and learn bisaya and ilonggo, funny no).

I remember in college when i was riding a taxi, tinatanong pa ng driver kung may airport samin, kung may tubig. WTF?! ano akala nya naka-kalabaw ako to go to school? LOL! Eto yung mga tao na di man lang nakalabas sa manila.

addendum:
    This is what the now-defunct MBA tried to leverage, regionalism.
    Last edited by Chip; December 28th, 2007 at 10:50 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    There are actually a lot of Fil-Am groups in the SF Bay Area that I think among ethnic groups, Fil-Ams have the most number of registered ethnic-oriented organizations/associations. It may sound impressive to others until they find out that most of these organizations have very few members, or rather officers, since practically all their members are officers.
    Yup. I was specifically referring to the Fil-Am organizations around the Bay Area.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    It's not confined naman to Pinoys, it's a universal trait.

Americans residing in the East Coast usually make fun of Southerners, or those with Southern accents. Same thing in Germany, wherein pronunciation of certain words can reflect your economic background, and thus subject the speaker to condescension.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Yup. I was specifically referring to the Fil-Am organizations around the Bay Area.
    jusko! dito pa sa Bay Area, ang dami ng mga iyan!! pero usually mga old timers and some middle age pinoys ang mga members ng mga iyan. and as far as i know, hindi ka "sikat" if your not part of a certain "association" lolz!

lahat ng mga regions / provinces may "association", like Ilocano, Kapampangan, Bisaya, etc.... nakakatuwa nga eh, parang meron silang sariling mundo! kumbaga, payabangan at pasiklaban nga eh. also, sometimes they have some drama with other "organizations", even simply have drama with their fellow members!.. ma "pulitka" din eh. tipong sila sila din ang nag sisiraan. parang mga Talangka... nag aagawan ng pwesto! wahehehe.

aite, peace.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Local discrmination?