New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Why not up the ante and have Chevy feature its new 620BHP Corvette ZR1?
    Too much of a supercar. KITT's supposed to be a tuner car. Supercars are for the bad guys.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hehehe.... speaking of KITT, i named our car "Kitt" in remembrance of...
    well, KITT! hahaha!!!

"uy, san mo pinarada si kitt?"
    "naka-ligo na ba si kitt"
    "ang dungis na ni kitt ah, paliguan mo na"
    "saan kayo galing ni kitt?" -> my favorite line. hahaha!

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity View Post
    hehehe.... speaking of KITT, i named our car "Kitt" in remembrance of...
    well, KITT! hahaha!!!

"uy, san mo pinarada si kitt?"
    "naka-ligo na ba si kitt"
    "ang dungis na ni kitt ah, paliguan mo na"
    "saan kayo galing ni kitt?" -> my favorite line. hahaha!
    Sinong Kitt?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The new Knight Industries Three Thousand car reminds me much of the car from another TV series called VIPER with it's morphing external looks & abilities.

Personally the nano-tech external skin armor seems to be a step back from the KITT 2000 model in terms of protection since the molecular bondage shell is a passive protection system that doesn't require power to be effective. The new KITT 3000 skin required power to regenerate & be effective as armor, otherwise its just like ordinary sheet metal.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Personally the nano-tech external skin armor seems to be a step back from the KITT 2000 model in terms of protection since the molecular bondage shell is a passive protection system that doesn't require power to be effective. The new KITT 3000 skin required power to regenerate & be effective as armor, otherwise its just like ordinary sheet metal.
    Agreed. Personally I think this feature is just for the sake of having something technological to dazzle ignorant viewers.

The 2002 anime "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED" actually had the exact same idea in its "phase shift" armor. When the PS armor has current flowing through it, it is impervious to most ballistic weapons (bullets)...but it's a massive drain on the battery. When PS is down, it's just normal metal.

I wonder if Knight Rider's new writing team has any plans of introducing this battery drain scenario in one of its episodes...assuming this will become a full TV series

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    huhuhu di ba ipapalabas dito sa pinas yan?

new tv series ng knight rider gusto ko kasi na mawatch sya ng tatay ko during his time kasi idol nya yung knight rider starring david hasselhof

kya ung mga sasakyan namin may knight rider nakalagay

pati nga auto ko,, kaso tinanggal ko na

i've seen pics of the new KITT, mustang GT500 if i'm not mistaken,, marami mustang ginamit dun,, kasi 3 version ng kitt ginamit dun

pero ang pinaka astig ang look dun ung KITT na my bodykit i believe it was called "KITT acttack"

yung iba normal mustang na wala bodykit

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    watched it earlier, it was disappointing.... kala ko gagawan nila ng maganda at complex na storya. Yung driver ni KITT alang character. Oh well, baka target audience nila mga kids at teens. And another thing, NO Will Arnett???

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by darksword_08 View Post
    i've seen pics of the new KITT, mustang GT500 if i'm not mistaken,, marami mustang ginamit dun,, kasi 3 version ng kitt ginamit dun

pero ang pinaka astig ang look dun ung KITT na my bodykit i believe it was called "KITT acttack"

yung iba normal mustang na wala bodykit
    Very close. CNET's Crave blog reports it was a GT500KR...the "King of the Road" version.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Agreed. Personally I think this feature is just for the sake of having something technological to dazzle ignorant viewers.
    Yup, thats how I see it. If I was the creator of the first KITT2000, I would still have used the same armor to protect the KITT3000 since it has proven it's worth in the older model. Maybe they would use a reason that the formula to create the original "molecular bondage shell" has been lost when the formula inventor died? Oh well....

I wonder if Knight Rider's new writing team has any plans of introducing this battery drain scenario in one of its episodes...assuming this will become a full TV series
    I doubt it. KITT3000 did describe his engine system is very efficient in getting the most kilometers out of every liter of gasoline aside from being solar powered to offset the consumption of his electronics. The only real scenario I can think of would be a "convenient" power relay failure to disable the armor effect of the nano-tech skin.

Other alternative is to consider how fast the nano-tech can repair itself between impacts. Maybe someone might find a frequency to penetrate the armor.

I would give the KITT3000 one score though... I love the transform effects they used when he was morphing.

Side though: I wonder if the new armor of the KITT3000 is effective against energy based weapons like lasers? In the old series, if I recall correctly, the KITT2000 was vulnerable to laser hits in the episode where he went against KARR.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Mukhang lahat ng mga old tv series ni ririvive nila ah. Charlie's angels, Miami Vice etc. Ano kaya susunod?....A-Team, Airwolf, Blue Thunder, Love boat, Remington Steele. Hehehe Napaghahalatang matanda na ako.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Knight Rider!!