New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Those who are going up Baguio think that Kennon is the shortest route to this montain city.

fortunately, it is (with paved roads and what have you) ..

Unfortunately, Big trucks are the number one users of the road..kawawa naman Kennon..kawawang mga motorista na gumagamit ng daan. They are at the mercy of these trucks (sinusundan mo habang paakyat ka).. I myself experienced this last week..

then another collegue came forward with horror stories of those big trucks..

When will we ever learn to enforce laws in this land!??

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sorry po..nadoble ata yung post ng bagong thread...didn't mean to do that..sensya na po...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Bro, that's mainly the reason why I use the Marcos Highway in our bi-annual trek to Baguio even if it means an additional of 30minutes in our travel time....

:starwars:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I thought trucks and buses are prohibited from using Kennon Road.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I think they are banned but aside from trucks, minibuses also abound..

They contribute to the gradual degradation of the road. I don't know if Baguio visitors would be please to be following them.

They are supposed to use Marcos Highway which is fitted for them.

If ever ma encounter niyo sila sa kennon, sakit talaga ng ulo lalo na pag ayaw pa magpa overtake. At sa kipot pa ng daan, suicide minsan ang mag overtake lalo na sa mga blind curves. The thing is, sa kennon mismo may dalawang police outposts (Camp 7 and Camp8). Ano kaya ginagawa nila? *taka*

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yup kami rin pag andyan marcos high way palagi and daan namin..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Even without the darn trucks and minibuses, the road conditions on Kennon are not worth the time saved, IMO. Kawawa lang sasakyan ko. Marcos lagi ang daan ko.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ba na repave na ang kennon road? or nagkasira sira na naman ulit? the last time i went up to baguio maganda na ang kennon rd, but that was more than a year ago already.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kennon has been repaved again in many sections but many parts are still pothole-ridden. kennon will most probably be better paved before february for the expected influx of motorist during panagbenga and the summer season.

overtaking those trucks in kennon is not that hard, hanren. my only beef with them is that they are not supposed to be traversing that route as they cause the premature deterioration of the road's surface due to their presence (among others). the uphill drive is a bit technical but you can see the other corners from far off so you can see oncoming traffic.

i would take kennon over marcos highway anytime when i am in a van or suv. but it's hands down marcos for me when i am in a car or a motorcycle.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    My Home town is baguio... but its been years since I last took kennon rd. naphobia na ako sa kennon. minsan kawawa yun car mo pag dun ka dumaan. Others are correct, trying to overtake on those blind narrow corners is suicide I had an unfortunate mishap overtaking a slow jeep trying to overtake a slow truck. In another event, there were small rocks falling from above!!! nakakatakot

I always take Marcos. its fun to drive there! with the cemented wide uphill sweeping corners! You also have a flyover and ala-Monaco-f1 tunnel pass hehehe...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Kennon Road and Big Trucks