1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Hmmm... Si Mihir ba yun? hehehe!

Sorry sa OT!
    Yup hahahahaha! Kilala mo din pala yun?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hehe. Well thanks for what you guys have said. Actually, a lot of it is true.. I know there's good and bad everywhere, and you can't do anything about it. I know that you shouldn't take everything so seriously..
    I think I just wanted to know that there were other people here who didn't think that way. =) Oh, but I also know that I shouldn't care so much what other people think.. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shalooney: Yes, it's very annoying as there are a lot of bigotry going on and a lot of narrow-minded racists around, rest assured that Tsikot doesn't allow such things to proliferate so if you do see racially offensive statements in our boards (regardless of what race is affected) feel free to click the report post button and we'll take care of it.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    go learn a martial art...or punch a bag na lang...or even kick your annoying neighbor's car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    keeping it real ika nga. racism is not something to get serious with. in my opinion, those who observe racists remarks are the true racists. bec. they can't seem to function in a world full of diversity.
    that is funny because that is the exact opposite of what makes sense.

the true racists are those who are offended when someone says something offensive to their race? :hysterical:

we are not talking about the people who try their best to be offended by even innocent statements, but people like shalooney who get mad when people call him (her?) "bumbay baho". so getting mad when someone calls you a derogatory term makes you a racist? you make me laugh :rofl01:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i just out grew that racial name calling...so long as i knew the people. but if its a stranger,hell get his introduction to kungfu in an inpromptu manner

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Add mo pa foods like shawarma, kebabs etc.
    :

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have Indian friends back in the US and I must say they have a very unique culture and diverse religions. They're mostly friendly but the way they do things is, shall I say, different. To me that was nothing and I took it as a difference in culture, not necessarily something bad, although at times it gets irritating if you're not used to it yet. I guess that's why some people are biased or "racist" towards others because of the difference in cultures - they can't accept the diversity and cannot live with other "types" of people, or worse, have had bad experience with them that they unnecessarily associate with the race/ethnicity.

I guess being around other Asians and other ethnicities (Vietnamese, Chinese, Cambodian, Caucasian, African-American, etc) gave me a broader outlook than I used to have before I migrated.

It's not that you shouldn't care, in fact you should - but you must learn that some people have had no exposure to other cultures or have been influenced by other people to throw derogatory remarks at other cultures so just leave them be, knowing you're in a better position not to make things worse.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalooney View Post
    Hehe. Well thanks for what you guys have said. Actually, a lot of it is true.. I know there's good and bad everywhere, and you can't do anything about it. I know that you shouldn't take everything so seriously..
    I think I just wanted to know that there were other people here who didn't think that way. =) Oh, but I also know that I shouldn't care so much what other people think.. :D
    yup, that's a very good attitude to adopt. and the best of all dont judge others. everybody hates a righteous person -> a person who perceives he is on the side of good and others bad or a person who thinks he's a saviour of some sort.
    that is my perception of a bad person.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Really, I don't have any biases against Indians...

...but I WILL complain about their driving habits. It's an observation shared by many: good driving habits on India's roads seem to be nonexistent, even compared to shoddy Pinoy standards.

Apologies if that comment was scathing in any way. That's just about the only thing I posted that's remotely offensive to Indians.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Just wanna say something..