New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    [SIZE=3]I have read posts in the other Tsikot forums on the Suzuki Alto and comments about it being manufactured in India and also being the top selling car there. Well, I am of Indian origin actually.. I was a bit offended by some of them. I know there are biases against Indians here, but really.. some of you seem to think of India and Indians as inferior.. like way below. One person was even like, well it's manufactured in India, what can you expect? What the hell is that? That's so ignorant! Just because so many Indians here are "5-6" and ride motorcycles, it doesn't mean you can draw conclusions like that out of it. Lots of Indians are quite smart and India's really getting into innovation and industries nowadays. I'm sorry that some of you think that India's JUST a really poor, ugly place much worse than this country and filled with stinky uneducated weirdos with turbans and beards who ride on motorcycles and do "5-6". If you think that way, you're wrong. Imagine if you heard an American saying something like that about Filipinos.. then you'll understand.
    Sorry to those people who are reading this and don't think that way. I just got really, really pissed. Also, I've received lots of "5-6 bumbay baho" **** in my life, so yeah.
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, there are ignorant and racist people on this forum. just like in real life. actually, that Alto comment is nothing compared to other comments i've read about Indians, Koreans, black people, etc.

but keep in mind that not everyone here thinks that way. and you can get really good information about almost anything here...it's just up to you whether you can tolerate the stupid people (or put them on your ignore list )

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalooney View Post
    [SIZE=3]I have read posts in the other Tsikot forums on the Suzuki Alto and comments about it being manufactured in India and also being the top selling car there. Well, I am of Indian origin actually.. I was a bit offended by some of them. I know there are biases against Indians here, but really.. some of you seem to think of India and Indians as inferior.. like way below. One person was even like, well it's manufactured in India, what can you expect? What the hell is that? That's so ignorant! Just because so many Indians here are "5-6" and ride motorcycles, it doesn't mean you can draw conclusions like that out of it. Lots of Indians are quite smart and India's really getting into innovation and industries nowadays. I'm sorry that some of you think that India's JUST a really poor, ugly place much worse than this country and filled with stinky uneducated weirdos with turbans and beards who ride on motorcycles and do "5-6". If you think that way, you're wrong. Imagine if you heard an American saying something like that about Filipinos.. then you'll understand.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Sorry to those people who are reading this and don't think that way. I just got really, really pissed. Also, I've received lots of "5-6 bumbay baho" **** in my life, so yeah.[/SIZE]
    ehem, welcome to the philippines pradik. you are on an open to all forum bro.lots of different perspective in life.if you think you cant take what they are saying about the car or india, just ignore it.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    [SIZE=3]Yeah, I know I can't do anything, blah blah blah. And also that it wasn't such a bad comment compared the others out there. I just wanted to say it anyway.. sometimes you just need to say what you think. =)[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Bro,

You've said your piece, at least it relieves you from any hatred (kahit konte) to people who think that way......Tama na yan inuman na!!!!! Hoy pare ko tumagay ka haha...nananabik na lalamunan...pulutan natin ay chicken curry...
    Mag beer muna tayo....joke lang.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Shalooney,

Most of the time, comments like those you mentioned are borne out of ignorance. The majority of Pinoys (and Pinays) are sensible enough. But, there are those who open their mouth without thinking or don't care what the consequences of what they say will be. It's not just foreign cultures/races but fellow countrymen who bear the brunt of their ignorance. That's why "crab mentality" is a familiar term for many here.

I can't speak for anyone else here. But, I do apologize anyway. For the ignorant..... I do hope you can cut them some slack. They're just that, ignorant.

It's just like my elder daughter (who was 7 at the time) when we visited Turkey. As we know, most Muslims don't use underarm deodorant. Upon encountering our first Turk, her first instinct was to cover her nose and smirk. A quick slap corrected it right away. But, you could see what I'm trying to get at. Many Pinoys have never been outside the country and have no idea what other races and cultures are like. Their tendency is to behave and react just like my kid did. Of course, my kid learned fast. Once she got past that episode, she had a blast in Turkey and can't wait for the next time we vacation there.

Uhhh. My brain just went blank...... He He Oh well.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    or you can always turn a bad thing into a good thing.

how do you do it?

- the best way to beat something like this is to meet our expectations or even surpass it.

- just take it with a more open mind and that kids are the cruelest people on earth and kids will say the damnest things based on their daily experiences/observations as well as external influences like TV (or media)

practice this, and i'm sure you wont get offended anymore.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... the funny thing about the Philippines...

There are so many people here who complain that foreigners are racist. That they look down upon Filipinos or force racial slurs upon them. Just look at the "Arrogant Koreans" thread... or the thread regarding "Desperate Housewives", where the character Susan checks a doctor's certificates to see that they don't come from the Philippines (hello? the scriptwriter who inserted that is probably a Filipino... if I went to a doctor I didn't know, I'd look to see that his diploma didn't come from Recto, either! )...

Pinoys go on and on about how racist everyone is... which is bullsh*t. Every country, INCLUDING the Philippines, has some racists. I should know. I'm half-American, though I don't look it. But I've seen the way people treat my Mom... and the way they treat my friends who don't look Filipino.

People here use derogatory words for dark-skinned people, for Chinese, for Koreans, for Indians... heck, even if you're a Protestant or Muslim, people give you dirty looks or say things behind your back... even if you're also Filipino!

Just take it all with a little humor. People who make comments like that are usually losers who don't have any personal accomplishments to show for their lives... and resort to sniping others on the internet... their problem.

And you can always use the "report" button ( ) to get them booted off the site. That's the most satisfying way of doing it...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Shalooney, dude...

i'll make u feel better --

Your country has world class multibillion dollar companies like Infosys and Wipro and Tata and Aditya Birla...

Your country has nuclear missiles...

The Philippines has what?

Feel better?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well... the funny thing about the Philippines...

There are so many people here who complain that foreigners are racist. That they look down upon Filipinos or force racial slurs upon them. Just look at the "Arrogant Koreans" thread... or the thread regarding "Desperate Housewives", where the character Susan checks a doctor's certificates to see that they don't come from the Philippines (hello? the scriptwriter who inserted that is probably a Filipino... if I went to a doctor I didn't know, I'd look to see that his diploma didn't come from Recto, either! )...

Pinoys go on and on about how racist everyone is... which is bullsh*t. Every country, INCLUDING the Philippines, has some racists. I should know. I'm half-American, though I don't look it. But I've seen the way people treat my Mom... and the way they treat my friends who don't look Filipino.

People here use derogatory words for dark-skinned people, for Chinese, for Koreans, for Indians... heck, even if you're a Protestant or Muslim, people give you dirty looks or say things behind your back... even if you're also Filipino!

Just take it all with a little humor. People who make comments like that are usually losers who don't have any personal accomplishments to show for their lives... and resort to sniping others on the internet... their problem.

And you can always use the "report" button ( ) to get them booted off the site. That's the most satisfying way of doing it...
    Agree..............

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Just wanna say something..