New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kakabasa ko lang sa inquirer today; it's supposed to be a 30-seater and is/resembles a coaster. has anyone seen this?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sa kalsada wala pa ako nakita. Sa TV news ko lang nakita. Sa presyong 750T-P1.8M?Hmmmm, bili na lang ako ng brand new unit na pan-taxi. Eh, sigurado, puro surplus ang parts niyan. Yari sa David Motors eh.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    napanuod ko din sa news...cool..kaso baka hindi ma-afforf ng mga drivers dahil mahal..pero kung ganito nalang magiging mga jeeps sa kalye mas ok para wlang alikabok kahit commute,diba?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    kita ko sa tfc mahaba na mataas david motors nga me gawa surplus lahat ng gamit at design nila raw iyon

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit sabi sa news kanina brand new daw yung engine?
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    bakit sabi sa news kanina brand new daw yung engine?
    Baka brand new re condition hehehe

Pero diba parang ganon din yung mga na byahe papunta sa Cavite City... minibus na alanganing Jeep??

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not just use Chinese mini buses? Brand new pa.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    nakita ko nga to sa news 24 oras. maganda nga kasi gawang pinoy daw. tayo nga makikitanabang.. aircon pa! mahala nga lang. ma ilan2x lng yan d2 IMO.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have seen truck-based modern Jeepneys or PUJ prowling Makati and I dont know if this is one that this thread is referring to. This "modern" jeepney's entrance/exit and seating configuration resemble that of an ordinary mini-buse except of course, the vehicle's appearance still resembled that of a jeepney but with more hulk and bulge.

It actually begs the question, why bother creating Jumbo Jeepneys that have the same functionality as buses, when brand-new buses can be purchased at a lower cost. Keep in mind, Jeepneys are still mostly customized creations and backyard assemblies (even Saraos) and do not come off from more efficient (therefore lower cost) production line assemblies.

In the end, I believe its that sense of nostalgia and pride (the jeepney is a unique Philippine creation) that is keeping us from axing the jeepneys. Imo, Jeepneys are some of the most inefficient way of transporting people around. If only we have a disciplined, orderly and efficient integrated bus line system that only allows commuters to alight or load at designated stations and routes. (similar to buses in London or Singapore).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    wala yan sa jeep..nasa nagmamaneho po yan. kahit na karag karag kung may disiplina nagmamaneho...wala kang mapupunang panget

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Jumbo Jeeps