New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Noon sabi ng mga Magulang:::Mga anak magsi tago na kayo .padating na mga hapon baka kunin kayo at pagsamantalahan

Ngayon sabi ng mga magulang:::Mga anak magsi labas na kayo at padating na mga hapon .mag sipaghanda na kayo ,para sa audition (maging Japayuki) para kumita naman tayo ng LAPAD at guminhawa ang buhay

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, in my experience only japanese americans are offended by this, for all the reasons already stated and because america is the most PC nation in the world by far...so take all this with a grain of salt if you're not from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Never mind the fact that her mother was put in a concentration camp by the US government and stripped of all her rights and properties, despite being a second generation US Citizen... or the fact that the US killed hundreds of thousands of Japanese civilians in the Tokyo bombings and the nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki... bloody Yanks.
    is your grandmother japanese? those actions were completely inexcusable by the US, and are now widely regarded as such - kinda like how present-day germans regret the holocaust, etc. i sincerely hope america has learned a lesson from that black mark on its history. but i also heard about people who were interned for simply being asian, not necessarily japanese.

but what's the point of bringing up hiroshima, etc? those were the rules of war at the time, and they had been that way for centuries. it may feel wrong now in the age of politically correct wars and smart bombs, but in those days you beat an enemy on his home ground and crippled his cities and infrastructure.

why don't we talk about the atrocity that STARTED the whole damn pacific war - pearl harbor? or better yet, about the hundreds of thousands of atrocities on philippine soil during the war and occupation?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    m54 powered posted:

or better yet, about the hundreds of thousands of atrocities on philippine soil during the war and occupation?
    the americans themselves are guilty of this. they have yet to apologize for the untold thousands they killed in balangiga and in the whole island of samar in 1901 during their "manifest destiny" and "white man's burden" expansionist campaigns. what's worse is the US govt still refuses to dignify the deaths of these people by refusing to return the balangiga bells to its rightful place because they view these bells as trophies and as reminders of victory for that single despicable act they committed

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy
    the americans themselves are guilty of this. they have yet to apologize for the untold thousands they killed in balangiga and in the whole island of samar in 1901 during their "manifest destiny" and "white man's burden" expansionist campaigns. what's worse is the US govt still refuses to dignify the deaths of these people by refusing to return the balangiga bells to its rightful place because they view these bells as trophies and as reminders of victory for that single despicable act they committed
    off topic... but...

the past is past...

1901? that was over a hundred years ago... should the americans apologize now? would that improve the lives of filipinos?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^yes they should

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    war is war... the usa paid spain for the philippines didn't they?

they were also the ones who really granted us real independence on july 4, 194X. heck, if not for them we would still be under japanese rule right now.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ibalik ko lang muna sa topic:

I once came across another slang term for the Japanese -- "Nip", likely short for "Nippon", which is one of two native names for Japan. It was used in such contexts as:

I bet those danged Nips are still holed up in them caves, just waiting to strike.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ot na ko as you said earlier bos but i believe that just because the americans paid spain for so many dollars doesn't mean that they have the right to exterminate the lives of thousands of samarenos over the age of ten during that era . i don't think that can ever be justified by anyone and by any country.

independence? until now we're forced to kowtow to them americans because they have us by the balls and you can trace that to the half-hearted attempt at helping us recover after the world war 2. remember they did not extend to us the same courtesy they gave europe and germany, who was their enemy #1 by the way, when they helped them via the marshall plan w/c gave the europeans and the germans a much needed boost to jump start their post war industrial recovery. unfortunately, for us all we got were tokens and rhetorics and bases in subic and clark

and yes we were eventually saved from the japanese, but pls take note we were also made to be the sacrificial lamb. our "saviours" in washington chose to abandon the philippines in order to delay the impending advance of the japanese forces to australia... thus saving the lives of australians at our woeful expense.

ot nanaman ako and i apologize. its just because the topic of the balangiga bells is close to my heart due to the fact that i have samareno blood running through my veins

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy
    independence? until now we're forced to kowtow to them americans because they have us by the balls and you can trace that to the half-hearted attempt at helping us recover after the world war 2. remember they did not extend to us the same courtesy they gave europe and germany, who was their enemy #1 by the way, when they helped them via the marshall plan w/c gave the europeans and the germans a much needed boost to jump start their post war industrial recovery. unfortunately, for us all we got were tokens and rhetorics and bases in subic and clark
    i think what we are right now is because of our own doing and not because we only got tokens after WW2 from the US. up to the late 60s, we were the leading asian country in terms of economy and the exchange rate was at Php2=US$1.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I believe it is good to ask for redress for past wrongs cuz its always good to set things right and have closure (something not yet completely done by the Japanese re WWII).

However, there's no need to blame others for what we have done to ourselves. I remember old people telling me that in the '60s, if they wanted to go on a *** tour, it's either Taiwan or Korea. Also, it was HKD2:PHP1 back then. So, guess who's *** touring where now....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
"Jap"