New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from what i saw of the post-EDSA Malacanang and what she wears in public, this woman has no taste. i guess she only picks stuff by the brand name or the price tag.

so why would anyone want to buy her "garbage into gold" collections?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    i'm no marcos fan, in fact i was at edsa 1.

but the thing with the law kasi is this, and this is why the courts can not jail imelda: how can you convict the wife (and the children) when it was the husband (and father) that did the stealing. pag ang tatay ba gumawa ng crime and patay na ang tatay e ikukulong mo yung asawa at anak? they can't make anything stick to her. all the evidence point to ferdinand marcos, all evidence against imelda are circumstancial. they can't possibly jail her for having 3000 pairs of shoes. they first have to prove that she used people's money to buy those shoes. and they can't. her defense, she got the money from her husband. can't find anything wrong with that no?

if she (and her children) stay out of jail, does it mean that edsa 1 failed? i think not. it only means that justice is blind (if you have the money to hire good, expensive, well connected lawyers of course!), that it will not convict an accused when there is no (or direct) evidence. di ba yun naman ang isa sa pinaglaban natin nuon, fair justice. if imelda takes advantage of that fair justice now do we say then that she should not be given that right? can't have double standards no? yun lang nga justice is, still, more fair to others than most. e may pera sila pambayad sa abugado e. can't complain there i guess.

good thoughts bro...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    i'm no marcos fan, in fact i was at edsa 1.

but the thing with the law kasi is this, and this is why the courts can not jail imelda: how can you convict the wife (and the children) when it was the husband (and father) that did the stealing. pag ang tatay ba gumawa ng crime and patay na ang tatay e ikukulong mo yung asawa at anak? they can't make anything stick to her. all the evidence point to ferdinand marcos, all evidence against imelda are circumstancial. they can't possibly jail her for having 3000 pairs of shoes. they first have to prove that she used people's money to buy those shoes. and they can't. her defense, she got the money from her husband. can't find anything wrong with that no?

if she (and her children) stay out of jail, does it mean that edsa 1 failed? i think not. it only means that justice is blind (if you have the money to hire good, expensive, well connected lawyers of course!), that it will not convict an accused when there is no (or direct) evidence. di ba yun naman ang isa sa pinaglaban natin nuon, fair justice. if imelda takes advantage of that fair justice now do we say then that she should not be given that right? can't have double standards no? yun lang nga justice is, still, more fair to others than most. e may pera sila pambayad sa abugado e. can't complain there i guess.

This is one of those rare posts that actually enlightens me.
    Well done ninong!

OT: may asim pa rin si imee no?
    Last edited by Chip; November 8th, 2006 at 11:16 AM. Reason: spell check

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nasa local news din sya dito sa aus..heheheheeh..kilalang kilala talaga si imelda dito dahil sa mga sapatos nya..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Proudly philippine made.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    nasa local news din sya dito sa aus..heheheheeh..kilalang kilala talaga si imelda dito dahil sa mga sapatos nya..
    ang kakapal talaga ng mukha:seesaw: :justice: :jeanie:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Imelda Marcos... yes, there are feelings amongst many that the Iron Butterfly may be the actual hand behind the crimes of Marcos, but then, there's no real evidence to the fact...

And the 3000 shoes? They were gifts, actually (supposedly, but what the hey... 3000 shoes cost less than 1-mansion-per-kabit... )

But I don't feel too bad about our justice system, since it was a US court that acquitted her.

The same court system that let OJ walk.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Bring the 'Imelda' in you

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok, ok, so she is one of the most hated women here sa Pinas.

But this one I just gotta let it flow. She is rather old and she just wants to have fun.

Now our lolas can have the chance to feel Imeldific! :hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hmmm i wonder who they will get to model for her so called fashion collection..... tessie tomas?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Imelda Marcos comes into fashion