Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    'I'M NOT STUPID'
    Garcillano: Yes, I talked with Arroyo

First posted 01:59pm (Mla time) July 06, 2005
    By Michael Lim Ubac
    Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on Page A1 of the July 6, 2005 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

AFTER more than two weeks in hiding, Elections Commissioner Virgilio Garcillano broke his silence on the wiretapping controversy last night and denied in an exclusive telephone interview with the Inquirer that he conspired with President Macapagal-Arroyo to rig last year's balloting.

Garcillano also said he talked to a number of candidates in the last election. They include vice presidential candidate Loren Legarda, then senatorial candidate Mar Roxas, Minority Leader Francis Escudero on behalf of his father Salvador, an opposition senatorial candidate who lost in the election.

Before the election, Garcillano said, he also talked to then senatorial candidate Jamby Madrigal.

No favors

Garcillano said they did not ask favors from him and simply voiced their concern about possible fraud.

"Tell the people that the conversations that have publicly come out of the tapes are untrue," said Garcillano, speaking from an undisclosed place in
    "Many of those conversations were doctored," he said.

Garcillano specifically referred to a portion in the conversations in tapes released by the opposition purportedly showing that he was assuring Ms Arroyo of a one-million vote margin.

"I did not say that, I categorically deny that," Garcillano said in his telephone call made as a House investigative panel was playing one version of the tape submitted by Alan Paguia, former counsel of deposed president Joseph Estrada.

He said he had been reluctant to come out, pointing out that with the flood of speculation sweeping the country he had lost credibility before the public.

"The people are biased. I never did anything to destroy the electoral process. I am not that stupid," he said.

He said at the proper time he was willing to come out and confront his accusers.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sus! sila din pala.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, his words now, against what was wiretapped!

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    OT .. reminds me of when joker arroyo laughed at jinggoy when jinggoy was crying fraud .. gist was .. jinggoy should stop shouting electoral fraud since it was the same system that got him elected .. biglang tahimik si jinggoy .. probably was trying to comprehend what joker meant .. what an idiot ..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    OT .. reminds me of when joker arroyo laughed at jinggoy when jinggoy was crying fraud .. gist was .. jinggoy should stop shouting electoral fraud since it was the same system that got him elected .. biglang tahimik si jinggoy .. probably was trying to comprehend what joker meant .. what an idiot ..
    lol!! :bwahaha:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_corolla
    [B]'I'M NOT STUPID'

Garcillano said they did not ask favors from him and simply voiced their concern about possible fraud.

"Tell the people that the conversations that have publicly come out of the tapes are untrue," said Garcillano, speaking from an undisclosed place in
    "Many of those conversations were doctored," he said.

if this is the case, bakit ngayon lang sya lumabas at nagsalita?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    matagal siyang nagmemorize ng mga sasabihin sa atin.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    if this is the case, bakit ngayon lang sya lumabas at nagsalita?
    .. that's just like asking bakit ngayon lang lumabas yung tapes .. it's all about politics .. truth would be secondary .. and in most political issues .. immaterial and irrelevant ..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    .. that's just like asking bakit ngayon lang lumabas yung tapes .. it's all about politics .. truth would be secondary .. and in most political issues .. immaterial and irrelevant ..
    maybe it took them that long to doctor the tape. lol

Looking for the perfect timing?

mmm... oo nga biglang nagka amnesia si Jinggoy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
'i'm Not Stupid'