New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    am green in and out...but i find the video baduy....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Lasalista din me pero tumatayo balahibo ko sa hiya sa ka-cornihan ng mga 'to! hahaha

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think moot & academic na ang away na La Salle Taft Main at Ateneo sa Katipunan... Personally I find La Salle CSB people starting this mas astig maging La Sallista... e kung tutuusin I find them second stringers... hindi nga pumasa ng Main, sa UP, at sa Loyola e...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    medy baduy lang,. hehe

doon parin ako sa

* Pontifical * Royal * Catholic na university

UAAP season 69 Champion, -Overall

siyempre

UST!! hehe

sorry medyo OT

:gouste:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I like the Apo Hiking Society reference. Incidentally, the Apo, had pre-empted their video by more than 20 years...

"Pag-ibig... (ang puso ko'y sinaktan mo iniisnab isnab ako iniisnab isnab ako) ba't anong ginawa mo (ang puso ko'y dinurog mo porke't hindi ako taga Lasalle)..."

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    I think moot & academic na ang away na La Salle Taft Main at Ateneo sa Katipunan... Personally I find La Salle CSB people starting this mas astig maging La Sallista... e kung tutuusin I find them second stringers... hindi nga pumasa ng Main, sa UP, at sa Loyola e...
    The video certainly doesn't help Benilde's pretentious, second-rate image/stereotype. Whoever made this fits the image perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by student_01 View Post
    medy baduy lang,. hehe
    Oo nga. Strictly speaking hindi siya corny... medyo nakakatawa nga eh... cheezy is more like it... ewan!
    Last edited by Alpha_One; February 15th, 2007 at 08:02 AM. Reason: misteak in speleeng

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I am a graduate of both DLSU (BSECE-MCL) and AdMU (Ateneo-Regis MBA-GM)

However, I'd still say "I'd rather be Green than be Blue", and my AdMU Profs know and respect that. I think it comes with age, too. (IMHO though, AdMU has a deeper sense of social responsibility...)

1901:nolurk:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Hindi ako nag apply sa Loyola at Diliman. Layo eh! hehehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    ...The video certainly doesn't help Benilde's pretentious, second-rate image/stereotype. Whoever made this fits the image perfectly.
    Ouch! Benildean po ako and proud of it! Please do not generalize us being pretentious, second-rate image/stereotypes.

In reference to the video, I find it funny! Corny na kung corny pero natawa talaga ako! BTW, even if I'm from CSB, I never refer to myself as a Lasallista but as a Benildean.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Ouch! Benildean po ako and proud of it! Please do not generalize us being pretentious, second-rate image/stereotypes.

In reference to the video, I find it funny! Corny na kung corny pero natawa talaga ako! BTW, even if I'm from CSB, I never refer to myself as a Lasallista but as a Benildean.
    I never said that Benildeans were pretentious and second rate. I said that I find that the video doesn't help the stereotype at all.

I was just nodding to someone's comment, while saying that I find the vid funny but somewhat pretentious (that's what I mean by "stereotypical" Benilde).

After all you call yourself a Benildean. But the video NEVER mentioned any Benildean-ness except at the beginning - everywhere else the video was "Lasallista".
    Last edited by Alpha_One; February 15th, 2007 at 01:03 PM. Reason: correctionnings of grammer

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I never said that Benildeans were pretentious and second rate. I said that I find that the video doesn't help the stereotype at all.
    Point taken. Thank you for the clarification sir!

I was just nodding to someone's comment, while saying that I find the vid funny but somewhat pretentious (that's what I mean by "stereotypical" Benilde).
    Ah ok. It looked like you were referring in general. Thanks again for the clarification sir!

After all you call yourself a Benildean. But the video NEVER mentioned any Benildean-ness except at the beginning - everywhere else the video was "Lasallista".
    Yup! Teka, since taga-Benilde gumawa nun for DLSU, dapat meron din kme! hehehe!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Point taken. Thank you for the clarification sir!

Ah ok. It looked like you were referring in general. Thanks again for the clarification sir!

Yup! Teka, since taga-Benilde gumawa nun for DLSU, dapat meron din kme! hehehe!
    I know how you feel. The only thing worse than all these stereotypes is the fact that there are people who actually fit them.

I mean, of all the perfectly normal Asians in the world, why ummm... William Hung? Doesn't help the "Asians are a bunch of short geeks" stereotype at all.

...of all the Benildeans who are sure of themselves, there's these few who actually are ex-Lasalle Main students that are in Benilde just to be able to call themselves "Lasallista".

...of all the reasonable people in UP, there are some who actually are violent NPA-sympathizing fratboys who run naked across the AS and dos-por-dos initiates and anyone who disagrees with them.

...and so on. You know. Well at least they make the University Insults thread a bit more lively.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; February 15th, 2007 at 01:48 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
I'd rather be green than be blue