New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    [SIZE=4]We all carry our mobile phones with hundreds of names/ numbers stored in its memory but yet nobody, other than ourselves, know which of these numbers belong to our near and dear ones?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]In case we are involved in an accident or had a heart attack and the people attending us get hold of our mobile phone but don't know which number to call to inform our family members. Yes, there are many numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]For this reason, we must have one or more telephone numbers stored under the name ICE (In case of Emergency) in our mobile phones.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Recently, the concept of "ICE" is catching up quickly. It is simple, an important method of contact during emergency situations.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]As cell phones are carried by majority of the population, just store the number of a contact person or person who should be contacted at during emergency as ICE" (meaning In Case of Emergency).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when they went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Following a disaster in [/SIZE][SIZE=4]London[/SIZE][SIZE=4], the East Anglican Ambulance Service has launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital staff would then be able to quickly contact your next of kin, by simply dialing the number stored as "ICE".[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]A great idea that will make a difference![/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our mobile phones today![/SIZE]
    Last edited by Syuryuken; May 3rd, 2007 at 12:15 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    done!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's something to think about when using ICE.

make sure that PHONE PIN and SIM PIN is disabled. because if the phone was accidentally turned-off during the accident/emergency, the ICE feature becomes useless.

ICE should be used in addition to and not in place of more standard form of identification -- Los Angeles Fire Department

edit: it would be more beneficial for hospital than paramedics. I hope paramedics are scrambling to stabilize me before trying to contact ICE number.
    Last edited by Karding; May 3rd, 2007 at 12:32 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Sounds awfully familiar.

Oh ok, here it is: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24379

But are the hospital staff informed of such a thing? Anyone working in the emergency services or hospital services to confirm this?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    It's a very good idea and I'll heed it. However, I hope the cellphone would not be stolen first.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    May ICE na rin ako since last year sa TV Patrol ko nalaman e

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I also emailed this article to my officemates, relatives and friends.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Truly a great idea!

Sana everybody would all be informed!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Dito sa Pinas?

Let's say ur alone and u have a heart attack and collapse...

maswerte ka kung may magdala sayo sa hospital. Most people would just stand there and watch and wait if anyone would do something.

And mas maswerte ka kung nadala ka sa hospital still with ur wallet and cellphone.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If the phone lock and SIM lock feature is disabled, mas maraming matutuwa na magnanakaw, kasi hindi na nila dadalhin sa Greenhills yung cell para ma-unlock...hehehe

Hindi lang cellphone at wallet ang nawawala sa mga accident victims, sometimes pati sapatos, ninanakaw din

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
ICE Numbers