New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Because i had a seminar in Makati on my coding day and wasn't sure about the parking rate at Pacific Star Building as well as being able to arrive before 7am, I parked my car at Shangrila Mall and took the MRT. Since I was carrying a notebook computer which i needed for the seminar, I was on the lookout for any bad elements that might try to snatch my bag. Nothing bad happened and I was able to arrive at Pacific Star after a long walk as I was also apprensive about jeeps due to the frequent news about holdups. Anyway, I thought it was a pleasant enough experience and was expecting that going home around 5pm would be no problem.
    Big Mistake!!! The trains going to the North from Buendia station were very packed. Had to let 4 trains go through before i could even go inside. However, on the Edsa Central station, some jologs attempted to push themselves in even though there was not enough room anymore. No wonder they made the first car for women only as I can't imagine women being subjected to that type of treatment. Worse is that they attempt to go in without letting the people getting out a chance to get out first. They don't realize that by allowing the people to get out first, they have more room for them to go inside the train. All the while, they were shouting that there was still room pa naman when it was already packed.

Contrast that with my experience with Hong Kong's MTR. The trains do get packed during peak hours but people are more orderly and wouldn't even go inside trains that are packed. Also, the people there would exhibit better judgement and let people get out first.

I wouldn't go through that again and just pay the outrageous parking fee rates instead.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Welcome to the Philippines chief.

Time is gold kasi or should I say parang running late lagi mga tao kaya tulakan agad papasok kahit di pa nakakababa ung mga bababa.

Nagkaroon lamang ng exclusive na area for women and physically challenged na people nung nagreklamo na nagkakahipuan na nga sa gitgitan. As usual, reklamo muna bago action.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    To add a bit more, there really is no competition between our MRT with any other train stations of other countries. Hardly maintained trains (no basis but figures especially nung Monday, walang AIRCON ang wala)+ Undisciplined passengers (not generalizing)...our train systems are the worst.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    same reason why i stopped riding the MRT to work even though it is cheaper for me. mas nahahassle lang ako. and i absolutely loathe people who try to get in first before letting the people disembark first. kakainis sobra. what i did though dati when i'd ride the MRT was to stand sa link between two coaches, lagi maluwag dun eh. heheh.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mas okay pa nga rito sa atin eh. Well, sa Tokyo at Seoul MRTs iba. Noong first time ko sa mga places na ito, nagulat talaga ako. During rush hour, talagang sikisikan, nagsisigawan ang mga tao. Minsan nga, meron pang "tagatulak" sa mga commuters papasok sa tren (isi-siksik talaga!), para lang ma-accomodate lahat ng pasengers. Mas matindi roon, kesa sa atin.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    Welcome to the Philippines chief.

Time is gold kasi or should I say parang running late lagi mga tao kaya tulakan agad papasok kahit di pa nakakababa ung mga bababa.

Nagkaroon lamang ng exclusive na area for women and physically challenged na people nung nagreklamo na nagkakahipuan na nga sa gitgitan. As usual, reklamo muna bago action.
    When I started working back in 1992, I normally used the public transport system (bus/jeep/tricycles) before I had a dangerous accident with a tricycle. However, I thought that people who exhibit better judgement as there is no bus/jeep conductor forcing them to pack like sardines to maximize their trip fare. Looks like the local passengers would have done it anyway.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The local system sucks (not the train, they're innocent hehe)...

What's the point of having a mass transit rail if:

1) There's no fixed schedule/interval on the train's arrival.
    2) No designated point where the train SHOULD stop. Seems like the pilot/driver can choose whether to stop the train right at the end of the platform or at the start of the platform.
    3) Why would you put 4ft of space between the edge of the platform and the elevator/stairs? I'm so surprised that nobody has died yet on the tracks.

Honestly, the jam where people are pushed or squeezed into the cabin is even a little "acceptable" for me since it also happens in Japan etc... The worse station in HK during rush hour will be Admiralty during rush hour transit (HK-to-Kowloon-to-HK lines), but still, the fact that people are sane enough to line up between the yellow lines, it gets manageable.

But of course, it boils down to the fact that Filipinos, in general, never learned how to line up in the first place ANYWHERE (on the road, elevator, drug store, etc.)

Can't rant about the MRT alone when it's everywhere and "accepted" as the right way to do things here.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mix the undeducated with the educated ones, ganyan talaga.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    mix the undeducated with the educated ones, ganyan talaga.
    Amusing that most of the most annoying ones are the "educated" ones... Bulk of MRT commuters from Makati are white collared and are just as ignorant about "lining up".

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    A college education does not teach manners. Parents must teach it. And as long as these college graduates don't know it, they won't teach their kids. And the cycle goes on. They could be "educated", but they are "miseducated".
    Last edited by the_wildthing; October 26th, 2006 at 02:30 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
MRT vs. MTR