New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Paralyzed Girl Forgives Man Who Shot Her And Shattered Her Spine

Main Category: Neurology/Neuroscience News
    Article Date: 15 Apr 2006 - 8:00am (PDT)

A five-year-old girl, Kai Leigh Harriott, wheelchair bound after a bullet paralyzed her three years ago, forgave the man who shot her and told him what he had done to her was wrong. She did this to his face, in court.

After breaking down and crying, the girl picked up a glass of water, took a sip, and said to Anthony Warren ‘What you done to me was wrong…..but I still forgive him.' Anthony Warren had pleaded guilty to shooting her, shots that paralyzed the girl.

Kai Lee Harriot used to be able to walk. She had been a healthy little girl. Almost three years ago she had been sitting on a porch. Warren had had an argument with some people who lived in the first floor of the house (a building which housed three families). He returned at about 11pm and shot three times at the house. His target had been the person he had had an argument with - not Kai. Kai, three years' old at the time, was hit by one of the bullets. She had been sitting there on the porch with her older sister.

The bullet shattered the little girl's spine. From that moment onwards she lost all movement from the chest down.

Warren was sentenced to 13-15 years in prison and 5 years' probation.

Hopefully, one day, as medicine makes new headways in neuroscience, Kai may eventually be able to get up from her wheelchair and walk again, unaided. I am humbled by her benevolence. She will always be an example to me of how good and untainted a human can be. I am 50 and she is five - yet she is light-years ahead of me.

Written by: Christian Nordqvist
    Editor: Medical News Today
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/heal...p?newsid=41704

wow. she's got a future ahead of her and the bullet from that guy's firing put all of em out. and she still was able to forgive the guy. amazing girl. B)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    totoong its hard to forgive. Pero thats what our Lord did. Kudos to that girl

kids never hold grudges. older people does.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    i pray that she gets to walk again.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Sana madami tulad ni Kai..I know one day she will walk again...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    If you think about it, she did the right thing. Kesa naman habang-buhay mong dala ang galit, e may mas-importante ka pang dapat nasa-isip - ang maka-lakad muli.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mabaet and Diyos.. makakalakad muli ang batang yan

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Ano kaya gagawin ng tatay nya?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    Ano kaya gagawin ng tatay nya?
    Haha, babarilin yung pinatawad ng anak niya para maparalyze din.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Tama! Ehehehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
how's this for forgiveness?