New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    saka tama si dabid, confidential info yang wages and compensation ah. how did you get your hand on that info? hehe

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Jim, just remember that it's not the qualifications that count but mostly the connections. Hindi na sya nahirapan at mataas ang sahod dahil nga may manager na nagrecommend sa kanya. Just do your work honestly and efficiently. If you're not happy with the management's styles, its either na magtiis ka or shop around. Dito nga sa amin, may ipinasok ang big boss, ang sweldo is more than 30% of my salary considering na lower pa ang position kaysa sa akin.
    Last edited by j_avonni; August 8th, 2005 at 01:13 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    A friend of mine got a job offer from the same company I work with. She got a better deal than me (she was referred by one of our managers. it turned out that they were colleagues from a company they worked with). I am happy for her of course pero what boggles me is the way she was screened. She had no difficulty whatsoever in the technical interviews and other interviews!!!! She never negotiated with the compensation offer kasi she got more than what she asked for (ako grabe ang negotiation na ginawa ko). Sa technical skills at knowlege were par naman.
    Ganun talaga yan, especially in big companies. Sipsip dito, siraaan doon, just to get ahead. Palakasan talaga, wherever you go. Like before, when I used to be employed in a large company, there was this guy who went to the manager, tapos dinaan sa iyak at hagulgol... ayan na promote, kahit unpopular siya. People will resort to anything just to get ahead.

Kahit na super galing ka sa field mo, rarely will people like that get promoted. Ang mentality kasi ng mag nasa taas, eh if they can sqeeze you dry, that is, leave you in your position forever (tutal magaling ka naman), they will. Eh sino pa hahawak? Yung mas-incompetent?

Kaya notice, most of the better people who are good, end up being entrepreneurs, kasi mas sulit talaga.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bilis lumaki nitong thread na to, hehe

anyway, i stand corrected on the unavailability of IT jobs there. buti pa kayo...dito every Comp USA sales clerk is a former (laid-off) IT professional...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Three things determine a 'successful' career: talent + hard work + luck. Some people are just either more talented, more hardworking or luckier...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    probably the job isn't just for you sir. there's probably a better one waiting if you just look for it hard enough. remember, for every door that closes, another one opens. ika nga, it's not how you fall down that's important, it's how you rise up that counts. also, remember that sometimes blessings comes in disguise of failure. so cheer up, everyday is always a good day to start anew!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy
    Three things determine a 'successful' career: talent + hard work + luck. Some people are just either more talented, more hardworking or luckier...

yuu that's true. in this case my friend is luckier than me. she admitted it though na talagang swerte sya hehehehehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    teka maganda ba ang officemate na to? :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkaboy
    teka maganda ba ang officemate na to? :D

OT:

errr magmanda naman at single pa sya. mas matanda nga lang sa akin hehehehehehe

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    viewing this from the standpoint of management :

1. Does your management allow that there will exist distortions in the salary scale of employees? Pag nag Senior ManComm meeting na, mahirap i-defend yan ng isang division head kung paano nagkaroon ng off-scale hiring sa unit nya. (parang sinabi ni j_avonni: 30% higher pay for a lower position). These are the sort of practices that breeds grievances amongst employees-these practices should not even be allowed.
    2. The higher paid people get the toughest job: remember management is aware of your carrying cost- isusulit ka ng employer mo. e.g. highly paid corporate banker of Citibank (works 18hrs/day * 6 days a week) whereas a lower paid corporate banker from a local bank (works 8hrs/day * 5 days a week). Q: is the higher pay worth the stress?
    3. There's already the SEC imposed Corporate Governance whereby the Compensation & Remuneration Committee of the Board of Directors can just freely review the salary structure of the company for all employees (patay ang manager na naghire off-scale, sya mateterminate ng board).

the above is on the assumption na di-hamak malaki talaga agwat ng sweldo ng friend mo compared sa iyo for the same job description, level, & expertise.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
How would you feel????