New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A friend of mine got a job offer from the same company I work with. She got a better deal than me (she was referred by one of our managers. it turned out that they were colleagues from a company they worked with). I am happy for her of course pero what boggles me is the way she was screened. She had no difficulty whatsoever in the technical interviews and other interviews!!!! She never negotiated with the compensation offer kasi she got more than what she asked for (ako grabe ang negotiation na ginawa ko). Sa technical skills at knowlege were par naman.

Anyway kung sa inyo mangyari ito ano mararamdaman ninyo???? Me, I got dissappointed with myself. I know I should have bargained for more nung time na nakikipag-negotiate sa akin ang company pero I was soft Really it was my fault!!! My wife was also surprised. Sabi nya ang lakas naman nya (referring to the manager that backed-up my friend). Hmmmmmnnnn kelangan ko na rin siguro maghanap ng makakaibigang manager or VP hehehehehe. Sino ba pwede dyan????

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hhmmm... frustrating... pero ok lang yan. isipin mo na lang, mas magandang lalake ka kesa sa asawa nya.

let it go ser jim... baka maka apekto pa yan sa work mo. i'm pretty sure marami rin ganyan not only in your company. ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganyan talaga ang buhay, especially if you've been at your company for a few years. the new grads that i recruit today make more money than i made when i started for the company. di ko na lang iniisip maiinis lang ako.

there's always market adjustments year over year, and sometimes kung gipit yung kumpanya (or they were really really impressed by your friend in the interview process) they will give the candidate a better offer hoping that it's something she can't refuse - this is something we try not to do because it's a bad precedent and if other people find out they will become disgruntled and demoralized.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks sir baiskee. i really hope this won't affect my performance. i'm off to a good start here and my team mates are really looking up at me because of my vast experience

if it were easy to let go of frustrations. haaaaaaayyy........

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    disgruntled and demoralized, you hit the nail right on the head brother.

I also feel that way in my work, the new ones who are coming in are having a bigger pay than me, when skills wise they really need improvement. I hope that the stupid managers base the compensation on the skills level not on some dumb **** experience.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir jim, anong nature ng jobmo? technical/engineering/IT ba?

baka mas ma-PR lang ung girl...we'd all like to believe that we be judged objectively, but the truth is PR has a lot to do with it. Di ko naman sinasabi that she's using politics/palakasan per se; she might naturally be more of a people person, kaya mas naaalala ng management.

don't think too much about it though, baka maging masyado kang preoccupied with that e apektado pa ung work mo.

imho la ng po ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxsti
    I I hope that the stupid managers base the compensation on the skills level not on some dumb **** experience.
    Yan yung gumugulo sa akin. Sana nga ganyan pero hindi eh.

Sir Badkuk IT-related po work ko. Saka kung PR lang ang pagu-usapan, I know mas ma-PR ako kesa sa friend ko besides sa line of work namin we don't need much of the PR. We heavily rely on our technical skills and knowledge to resolve problems that arises and in this case lamang ako sa friend ko. I just hope and pray that someday management will see this.

I'm no longer thinking of the higher pay that my friend has. What worries me now is how management rates people in the company. Baka masayang lang ang efforts ko dito tsk tsk tsk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pag nasa company ka na for a long time, me tendency na ma taken ka for granted. believe me, i know B). it's the easiest thing anyone can do. ang sa akin lang, just do honest work, if only para masabi mo lang na it's not your (quality of) work that's holding you down.

so long as you think the job is worth it, just keep on truckin'. if not....alam mo na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the best thing for you is to map out your career path in the company you work for. Find out, informally, how you are able to advance to a higher position, get an increase etc. Most companies give bonuses or raises based on performance.

If your company has regular employee performance evaluations, then you can try and shoot for a really stellar record and impress your immediate superior. If they don't have this, try and discuss with your superior on the ways you can get more responsibility. This will make a good impression and you may get considered for a higher position due to your initiative at work. Who knows? You may just go further than the person who started with you in the company.
    Last edited by Altis6453; August 8th, 2005 at 11:49 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ...or you could sleep with your boss. joke joke joke! :D

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
How would you feel????