New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Haven't been there in over a decade.

If I had my way, I'd be staying at home during weekends and holidays, but I have kids... kids that clamour to get out of the house everytime I'm around.

Of course, I have to be the good daddy to them and bring them someplace to stroll and do family stuff. But I've grown tired of going to the usual SM/Ayala malls... basically because of the crowd, parking, and whatnots.

Is all the hype about the Power Plant Mall being less crowded still true?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    if youre tired of malls, try something different...like hiking taal volcano or going to a camp site, our recent activity was doing yoga as a family

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It gets crowded on weekends na rin. I stopped going to Powerplant except for dry cleaning and taho. The seniors in our family (and their friends) still go to Powerplant on weekdays so not much crowd.

But I think you have to visit pag Christmas. Their decorations in 2016 was so impressive!

Anyway, I like BGC (Central Square and the whole stretch of high street) better than Powerplant.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    if youre tired of malls, try something different...like hiking taal volcano or going to a camp site, our recent activity was doing yoga as a family
    No thanks, I just want to know how the Power Plant Mall is doing right now.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    No, I just want to know how the Power Plant Mall is doing right now.
    for comparison sake, crowd volume is like uptown mall

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Favorite mall especially during Christmas. Plenty of parking and excellent array of restaurants. The crowd isnt hectic like Megamall. Shang has less crowding.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    for comparison sake, crowd volume is like uptown mall

I think Uptown has less people since a lot of the stores are still closed? There's nothing to do there except eat and movies. Parking there is horrible too (magulo). I wouldn't recommend How is the Power Plant Mall nowadays? (August 2017)

Gauge ko of how crowded a mall is e trying to park 12 pm on a weekend. If the TS hasn't been to powerplant in a decade, he will definitely think it's crowded now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yep, a bit crowded on weekends. But if you ask me, the Rockwell "set" is more genteel as compared to the flocks that go to SM, Robinsons, or Ayala malls.

Still there's a quartet or a piano playing on the food-strip level on weekends.

It may be a bit old, but the place is still well maintained, toilets are clean, and the general surroundings, mabango palagi.

Rockwell, then Shangrila Plaza.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Like most malls, there are more people during the weekends. The crowd is mostly seniors. Right now a section of the mall is closed. They are integrating the mall to a new building under construction.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ako pag nasa ortigas sa Ayala Malls the 30th nako tumatambay why? coz it's free parking first 3 hours, sobrang luwag and sobra sosy the place without the PUV crowd, lahat di kotse kaya sobra linis pa. and the crowd, all I can say is upscale. before, I alway hangout sa Snangrila Mall eh pero dito na ako ngaun sa Ayala malls the 30th coz of free parking.

ayala is marketing the place and is willing to let go of parking income. computerized din sya, pero paglabas mo kocompute ng computer if you are under 3 hours then FREE!

last time, nagpunta ako dyan sa Rockwell, nag desert and coffee lang ako sa Dean and DeLuca. Id like to go back sana to dean and deluca and sit there outside on a weekday office hour.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast