New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I need to paint our white concrete fence that has become dirty over the years.

Can someone please advise me on the specifics? I don't know what type of paint to buy and what's the best brush to use for a concrete fence. I remember our old pintor would mix liquid on the can of paint and I don't know what it is. He also has different brushes and doesn't use just one type of paint. It seems like the first layer is a different type of paint. I suppose painting is not really as simple as buying a brush and a can of paint so I need your expertise.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; November 11th, 2009 at 06:42 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Best from my opinion is a roller brush and a latex based masonry paint.

A roller makes quick work of the big wide areas. Then you'll need a 2 inch brush for the edges and corners.

Just make sure to remove old peeling paint and treat the concrete with a water sealant before actually painting it.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Best paint brand ? Boysen or Davis.

BTW, Davis is odor-free.

Your paintor might be mixing different colors of paints to come up with the original color of the part to be painted. But since your fence is only white, just buy a white colored paint and an appropriate painting brush/roll. Maybe 2 or 3 layers or paint will do.

- follow gh's instruction.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How do I use the water sealant?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    How do I use the water sealant?
    Just use it like paint. It looks like water because it's clear.

To apply this, use a wide paint brush... 3 inches or wider. Apply a single "coat" and let it dry well before painting.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Things I need to buy:

1. Roller Brush
    2. 2 in brush
    3. 3 in brush
    4.Water sealant
    5. Latex based masonry paint

Do I need to buy thinner so I could store my brushes afterwards??? Our old brushes have hardened already.

I am thinking if it would be cheaper to just hire a pintor IF he has brushes already. If not, I'll just do it myself.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Better ask for some "hand...."

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do I need to buy thinner so I could store my brushes afterwards??? Our old brushes have hardened already.
    If I am correct, latex based paints are water-based. So just wash off the brushes well after use.

I am thinking if it would be cheaper to just hire a pintor IF he has brushes already. If not, I'll just do it myself.
    Just hire an experienced painter. Labor is cheap in the Philippines.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 11th, 2009 at 08:22 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Things I need to buy:

1. Roller Brush
    2. 2 in brush
    3. 3 in brush
    4.Water sealant
    5. Latex based masonry paint
    Don't forget a few rolls of masking tape and lots of old newspapers. You don't want paint to drip on the floor or getting paint on parts of the wall you don't want painted white.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Just use thinner to soften your brushes. ( I think )

And for the paint that might go to your hand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
How to Paint Concrete