New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Sa hirap ng buhay ngayon, almost lahat tayo nag susumikap mag trabaho para mabigyan mga anak natin ng mga kailangan nila.

but in doing that, halos gumagapang na tayo sa trabaho at pagod na pag uwi sa bahay.

How much time do you spend with your kids and ano ginagawa niyo pag free ka?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    Sa hirap ng buhay ngayon, almost lahat tayo nag susumikap mag trabaho para mabigyan mga anak natin ng mga kailangan nila.

but in doing that, halos gumagapang na tayo sa trabaho at pagod na pag uwi sa bahay.

How much time do you spend with your kids and ano ginagawa niyo pag free ka?

We're blessed that her school is 5mins from my office, my and my wife help in our store and we bring and fetch my daughter to school everyday together, after that she does her assignments in our office then we go home together as a family, btw i make it a point to eat lunch at her school once or twich a week, before going to bed we always have small talk, i often tell her stories of what happened to me at her age, the things that i can still remember, she is seven, topic tonight was inappropriate punishment, i told her when i was in grade school it was legal to spank students with a ruler, i told her the story when i was 7, for being too naughty, nuns locked me inside the dark storage room of the gym for half a day, cant even see my hand in front of my face, i only told my parents when i was an adult, usual reaction is they got mad, my tip is just make small talk and tell them stories of your youth, so they can comprehend, i have plenty of angst from my childhood, telling stories to them helps also of letting go, When you tell stories theyre wide eyed and amazed, parang di sila maka paniwala na you were just a small kid back then.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; October 6th, 2015 at 01:27 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My work shifts are normally Mid or Swing shifts. I'm either at home or just got home when the kids wake up. I prepare their breakfast and drive them to school. I'd have just enough sleep when it's time to wake up and pick them up. 5 hours is usually good enough to me. I also help the youngest with her homework/school projects if I'm not working. She sometimes come along when I go swimming at the pool. My youngest is an outdoors-type person like myself.

My eldest kid is an adult. She does her own thing most of the time.

My youngest love to see me juggle the soccer ball. I imagine, she'll join a little league soccer team later.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 6th, 2015 at 01:14 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    You guys are lucky to be able spend time, not most but some with your kids even on your busy daily schedule..

Me, i make a point everyday to help them with their school home work and i always make sure we have an activity with the entire family every weekend, just to cover the days that am not with them, my work shift is at night, so i leaving for work when they're about to go to bed and when i go home, i'll just wait for about an hour for them to wake up, good thing school is just a less than 10 minutes away, so instead using the car or ride a trisicad, we just walk and talk a bit..

i really hate the feeling that they were so small before and now they are big, but we all need to work so they would have a better life.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

in my case, it's..
    "how much time do your kids spend with you?"

empty nest syndrome..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Spending time with our family, wifey and kids, is my first priority.

That is why I have shunned persistent golf invitations in the past, as the activity would take a weekend day away from them. Ohhh soooo precious time...

Malling, eating out, grocery, watching movies in the local theater complete with snacks, drive to and from the bus stop, visiting our parents, Sunday church and Prayer to bed are our main bonding activities. With occasional help on schoolwork (they're pretty much independent), sports, board games, computer games and music (whether playing musical instruments or singing karaoke).

Work-Life balance is very important to me, and that is why it is very hard to call it quits with my current job. We leave the house early, but we get home early, too. Unless, wifey and I decide on a date-night. But then again, even with that, we're home by 9PM,- so that we can still talk with the kids.

After marriage,- very very seldom do I go night out with friends and tropas... My family is my tropa. And, it is still my intention to keep it that way....

Challenging?- yes,- but it is worth it...

Suffocating?- nah (remember that I am the King of the House,- but wifey is the Ace, and the kids are the Jokers... )

BTW,- vehicle maintenance is a priority and they respect it... But of course, such could be postponed...

Right now, I am asking myself,- how could they have grown so fast?

I don't want to ask the same question a few years from now,- with a heavy heart.

And that is why, - I am maximizing my time with them. And I want to make every moment of it- magical!

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.7K _/_/_/_/_/:boat:_/_/_/_/_/

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

in my case, it's..
    "how much time do your kids spend with you?"

empty nest syndrome..
    All your children are married na?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Not that much anymore when my daughter graduated from college and got a night shift job while my son is renting an apartment near his school. Gone are the days when we look forward to family vacations, doing small dinner talks and late tv nights. We catch them though on weekends for church, malling and resto hopping. Not going through empty nest syndrome yet but my wife and I start to plan vacatiions on our own booking flights and hotel rooms for 2 instead of 4.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We spend an hour fighting over homework every school night and two hours fighting over homework every weekend.

With the bad traffic now, we're lucky to get home before 9pm but we still spend even just a little time with the kids. Weekend is bawi time though. We rarely see friends now and if we do, our friends and their kids are pretty much in the same circle so it's still family time.

I was a latchkey kid growing up but one thing i will always remember is my dad would make time for me when he could and he made up for it as i grew up and before he passed away. I also think that nowadays, parents are more focused to be there for their kids too, and there is a growing balance between both spouses in attending to the children's needs as compared to the yesteryears.

Re. empty nests: This is one reason why i do not intend to have a large home. Kids will grow and all i'll have left are my cars... er... is my wife. So take care of your cars... i mean... your spouses because growing old happy with your better half is one of the most beautiful things I've always seen.
    Last edited by vinj; October 6th, 2015 at 09:29 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    We spend an hour fighting over homework every school night and two hours fighting over homework every weekend.

With the bad traffic now, we're lucky to get home before 9pm but we still spend even just a little time with the kids. Weekend is bawi time though.

Re. empty nests: This is one reason why i do not intend to have a large home. Kids will grow and and i'll have left are my cars... er... my wife.
    Lol bro. I have the same philosophy. In fact, Im into investing in a much smaller space for our retirement home where everything is within reach - mall, hospital, parks, movie house - as my wife and I are more into urban life. I dont expect to drive anymore when I grow old as I need to do a lot of walking. Well, maybe a bike would be an option. I bet traffic would be worse by then. The current condo? The kids (errr adults) will worry about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast