New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    With much said and done, after you painstakingly work abroad years after years, when can you say, "I already have enough and ready to settle back in the Philippines?"

Of course if you are planning to spend your old days in the Philippines and not offshore...

2, 6 , 10, 35 million pesos? When can we say "I have this money and ready to go back to the Philippines?"

We are discussing kasi with my family on when is the time we can go back to the Phils. I have a target na when I reach 40 or so, I will stop working offshore and spend my "oldie" years sa Phils.

I guess the true question is how much do I need to settle down for good. Also raising 2 small kids and living comfortably and can buy any reasonable things I want.

There's nothing more satisfying than to live in your native land IMO...

Of course daming bad things sa Pinas, pero I know it's the thing for me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Kuroy!

I used to work abroad for 7 years until I decided to return to the Philippines for good way back 1998.

First, since you're planning to return by the age of 40, I presume that you will not look for employment here in Pinas once you return.

If that is the case, I suggest that you start thinking about investments or business, if you still don't have one. Before I decided to settle here for good, me and my wife made sure that we have some investments na pwede naming pagkakitaan in case I will have a hard time finding employment here.

As for how much do you need to settle here in Pinas for good, I guess it will all depend on the lifestyle you want.

Ganyan din ako noon nagtratrabaho pa ako abroad, gusto ko na mag-quit for good, but the dollar is so enticing. I decided to quit though

HTH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1st, make sure that you already have something for you old age. like a pension fund with the reputable insurance companies. insular life, sun life, etc. at least pag tanda mo may pera ka kahit konti lang.

2nd, make sure that you know what you are going to do after coming home to the philippines. may business ka na bang papasukan? have you studied completely and thoroughly the ins and outs of the business? do you have a back-up plan if in case it does not succeed? can you fit your lifestyle with the earnings from that business?

3rd, are your children's future educational needs taken cared of already? forget about the educ plans, they help but surely as history of those plans go, they could not keep up with rising tuition fees. think more of a trust fund managed by yourself.

pareho tayo offshore pre. kayod ng kayod, save ng save. and plan din ng plan. saka taya din ng taya sa lotto kahit pa-sampu-sampu lang hehehehe!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you have the chance to do business while you're still young, then I would advise you to go for it. Kung pumalpak ka man eh bata ka pa para balikan ang field of expertise mo para makabawi.

Mahirap magnegosyo ng pinagkatandaan mong pag ipunan dahil pag natalo ka, papaano ka pa babalik sa dati mong trabaho?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saka pards, ano ba naman ang work sa offshore? kung sa production ka, pa-pindot-pindot ka lang ng mov dyan eh. kung sa drilling ka gaya ko, pautos-utos lang. di naman mahirap.

tama sabi ni icecold. umpisahan mo na yun business mo ngayon. pag maganda na ang kita at may pang-second hirit ka pa sakali biglang di maganda negosyo, saka ka na lang mag-retire.

dubai production ka di ba, platform? pindot-pindot lang kayo dyan eh hehehe! mahirap lang sa work natin yung mag-bilang ng araw sa kalendaryo.

UWI NA AKO BUKAS YEHEY!!!! TAPOS NA NAMAN 28 DAYS SA OIL RIG, BAKASYON NA NAMAN!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on the business you want to start and the economic condition of our country.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede na siguro ang 150 million pesos....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my dad in law nag work din oversea.
    binigyan niya ng sarili niya ng 10 years.
    after that, di na bumalik sa middle east

that's circa 70's

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iba-iba tayo ng pananaw. Ako at least P30M bago ako uuwi and titira sa Pilipinas. Don't get me wrong, I do love going back to the Philippines. But I don't see myself staying there for good. Nasanay na rin ako rito and masaya naman kami rito sa states. And definitely, I will not take back my kids for good to grow up there sa Pilipinas. Again, don't get me wrong, pero, most people naman siguro would rather have their kids grow up dito sa states or other countries dahil they offer better fututre for the kids [education/career wise]. Unless siguro iyong mga Burgis na laki sa layaw siguradong sasabihing mas gusto sa Pilipinas.

Though matagal pa kami ni misis sa retirement age, bumili na rin kami ng lot diyan sa Pilipinas for the future.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Realistic target savings for 15 yrs 28/28 days offshore work here in the Middle East, is I would say around P10M (in Cash).Ibig sabihin savings ito na nakakalat na sa iba't ibang banko...di kasama dito yung bahay mo at mga oto mo,etc...remember, we're not paying any income tax...again,depende rin nga pala sa trabaho...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How much do you think is enough?