New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yebo! ambilis mo naman umuwi ah! parang kailan lang, relyebo ka na naman! :hihihi: okay, enjoy your bakasyon kapatid! :cool:

ako kapag mag retire na at pensyado na, saka ako uuwi sa Pinas. I'll leave the decision to my kids if they want to stay in the US or not. But there's a big probability thay they will choose to stay in the US, of course. siempre, bisi-bisita na lang.

how much is too much depends on your lifestyle.

own business, kahit ang kita eh pang araw araw lang na panawid gutom at house n lot, pwede nang umuwi.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bye bye muna, sign off muna ako hehehe!

dun muna ako kay misis magpo-post starting today!

see you guys in 28 days.

MERRY XMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yebo...enjoy ur vacation...

Back to the topic...I had a similar dilema nuon....I had a 2 year stint sa Singapore....while I was there, I never thought that kaya ko kitahin ang kininikita ko duon if I were to go back....however, I don't intend to grow old over there either....

So my strategy was to know when was the right time to go back? My answer was, if I plan to re-employ myself to another pinoy company then I have to go back around 28-30. Kasi mahirap na mag-hanap ng job sa beyond 30 years old....you are too old na for a young position....and unless you are that good and could qualify for a top brass position then you could not be hired either easily.

Now in your case, should you go back say at around 40... then better be sure you have already have a good income source dito even before you go back.....else sandali mo lang mauubos ang ipon mo.

How much ipon, perhaps consider a budget of 1 million pesos per year that you intend to live (or you life expectancy)...say 60...then you'll need at least 20M. Now kung gusto mo ng luho then you'll have to at least double that amount.

Pero alam ninyo kung ako sa inyo, I'll observe around your area kung meron kayong manenegosyo from there...kasi kung pautos-utos or papindot pindot lang naman work ninyo dyan palagay ko kung meron kayong manenegosyo na iba while at work e mas di ninyo maiisip yan.

Examples of opportunities that I missed out when I was abroad:

1- stock market investment (ngayon pa't may internet, its easy to research any biz) and a broker is just a phone call away.
    2- commodity market (agriculture related kasi ako so me bearing ito sa akin), its like stock market but the goods being traded are corn, soya beans, vegetable oils, etc....things in the food and feed business.
    3- physical trading....ang dami dun na OCW na buys pinoy products like chippy, bagoong, whatever...at madali din ito ipa ship out from pinas to anywhere.
    4- manpower/labor trading - you just look for employers there abroad and supply them the people from philippines (medyo complicated lang ito but it could be stable)....I know somebody who earns US$100 per person sent over...but its its worth P5M a year net earnings for him (malaki na kasi ang contracts nila).

Im sure meron pang iba....JUST OPEN YOUR EYES AND MIND for these opportunities.

Hindi ko pa naisasasuggest sa inyo ang "farming" opportunities here in Philippines ha!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mas maganda kung makakapagtayo ng business, IMHO. kc once stable na, kahit ostenta ka na e me income ka pa, at kung sakali e pwede mo pang ipahandle sa mga kids mo -- in effect, you're securing ung future nila, and your apos' B).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    darn good stuff mga kapatid....thank you sa mga inputs ninyo...

now it helps in my formula on how much will be my target savings.

actually...dati my bisnis ako sa pinas that I ran for about 4 yrs...computer center(1994)... and then may kaunti kaming bigasan sa family...so high school pa ako medyo bisnis minded talaga ako.

pero tama talaga kayo...dapat may pumapasok din kahit papaano ndi labas lang ng labas...

ndi ko lang maimagine ang sarili ko na tumanda dini sa us of a. pag naalaala ko lang ang pasko at bibingka naluluha na ako.

sa mga anak ko ewan ko kung sasama sa pinas pag settle down. i think it would be their call though...that time peak pa ng schooling nila.

hirap talaga....kung maayos lang ang buhay sa pinas ndi ako magdadalawang isip na umuwi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How much do you think is enough?