New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I've been trying to get a job in US but no luck.... yet. Is there another way? We are a family of three.

Dun sa mga nasa US na... how did you get there?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    AFAIK, a company must sponsor you to go there for your "unique" skill or talent. This is why nurses can go there easily...because of the high demand.

For others, nag-TNT there, at doon nag hanap ng sponsor. Risky, but if you have a relative or family, they might be able help you. Depending on the which part of the State you're going, companies might hire you even if you're a TNT. Pag nahuli ka, deport forever.

Why not consider Canada na lang? It's easy to migrate there than the US.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRaf View Post
    I've been trying to get a job in US but no luck.... yet. Is there another way? We are a family of three.

pag nasa medical field ka (mas madali nurse kaysa sa doctor), madali lang. maghanap ka ng staffing agency sa manila para ihanap ka ng employer mo dito sa USA. marami ang mga head hunters sa manila na contracted sa mga hospitals sa America.

pag teacher/educator ka ok na rin kasi high ang demand sa mga teachers dito ngayon. programmers and research scientists indemand din.

sa canada madali din pag ang trabaho related sa medical field lalo na yung mga nursing assistants.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRaf View Post
    my husband applied thru the internet tapos pinadalhan siya ng tiket para ma-interview... he got accepted and the company applied for his working visa (and dependent visa ang buong pamilya)...

ang field niya : curtainwall design...

tama sila medical field and teachers ang in ngayon...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    my wife once told me that yun isa kaklase nila sumama sa school-sponsored trip sa U.S. 10 sila, 9 ang bumalik. ngaun daw nasa friendster nya yun nag TNT, BMW saka SUV daw ang tsikot hehehe

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    if you're going to migrate there as a skilled professional, you'd have to be good at something which the host country needs badly. example is nurses, carpenters, welders (in canada), accountant, etc. etc.

a friend of mine got an agency and paid an amount as placement fee. she's there now, working as a graphic designer. she has a working visa. she has to stay another year so she can get her green card.

my tito migrated there back in the 70's when there was a shortage of skilled technicians.

petitioning wouldn't really work for you. there are different categories for petitions, and if you would care to look at the us embassy philippines website, almost all petitions being processed are dated 15 - 20 years back, depending on the type of petition.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    If you are in IT send me your resume. No promises though.

You should not have to pay anything if it's employer sponsored. Sponsored nga eh. Siguro advance lang ng ticket pero bayad din pagdating.

the_wildthing _AT_ email.com

I got here wala akong binayaran sponsored lahat pati pamilya at green card.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ilan taon ba ang dapat bunuin para magkaroon ng greencard? is greencard the permanent residency status sa US?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by prinsipe View Post
    ilan taon ba ang dapat bunuin para magkaroon ng greencard? is greencard the permanent residency status sa US?
    kung immigrant ang petition sa iyo, green card na iyon.

How to migrate to the US?