New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nagka leak yung bladder type na pressure tank namin, so I replaced it with the traditional stainless steel pressure tank. Hindi na ako naghire ng tubero, I just let our driver do the piping works. Ang problem ko now is, ang bilis umandar nung water pump ko. Feeling ko meron dapat akong i-adjust sa pressure tank, like the water level inside.

Pano ba ang tamang way sa pag install ng water pressure tank? Yung nabili kong tank, may 4 holes.
    1 at the bottom serves as the drain plug, there's 2 on the lower side (dun ko kinabit inlet and outlet), then 1 at the upper side. Need ko ba paabutin yung water level sa upper hole before I plug it?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa pressure switch lang nag adjust. Parang 2 adjustment yun isa para doon sa low side Kung kailan mag kick in motor yun isa parang ma adjust both low and high side, ikaw na bahala mag timpla Kung anong psi mag on and cut off.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    You should understand the psi rating of the pressure tank. Normally it's rated at 40psi depend on size/wall thickness. Make sure the motor shut's down once the pressure gauge reach 40psi or rated max pressure of tank.

The "upper side" hole you mentioned should be where the pressure gauge be installed.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pressure switches are usually pre-set at the factory, to open at about 20 psi and close at about 40 psi.
    you need to install a pressure gauge to find out if the pressures are right. you can install it at either the upper hole of the tank, or beside the pump motor if there is provision for it. most of these thingees are "standard size", meaning, it will fit right the first time.
    using the pressure gauge, you can adjust the open and close pressures by turning two screws on the switch...
    the pipe from which your pump is sucking from, is usually fitted with a one-way valve, to prevent backflow. if this valve is defective, water from your tank might flow back out.. you can test this by turning off the gate valve of your outlet circuit and wait if the pump automatically switches on after some time or if the tank pressure gradually goes down. (they should not, even if left overnight.)

btw, your tank should have a big air bubble inside when you start at zero pressure. otherwise, if there is a small bubble only, your pump will cycle (turn on and off) rather irritatingly frequently, even if the pressure switch is adjusted correctly. i start mine with an empty tank, to maximize the bubble. it gets smaller over time, so's i have to drain it mebbe 1 - 2 times a year.

oh yes.. i think your tank is connected properly.

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 16th, 2014 at 10:40 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dapat walang water sa loob ng tank at zero pressure. So if the cut in is at 20 psi and cut out is at 40 psi the water level will range from 1/3 to 2/3 of the tank. So to start with you must drain all the water from the tank.

edit: nasabi na pala ni dr.d above.
    Last edited by yebo; September 16th, 2014 at 11:21 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I set my water pressure at 60psi, cut in at 40psi. Masyado ba mataas? Pag 40psi kasi, sobrang hina na ng tubig sa shower sa 2nd floor. Yung pressure gauge ko is nasa pump side.

Signature

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I set my water pressure at 60psi, cut in at 40psi. Masyado ba mataas? Pag 40psi kasi, sobrang hina na ng tubig sa shower sa 2nd floor. Yung pressure gauge ko is nasa pump side.

if your pressure tank can take the pressure, why not!
    the manufacturer sometimes paints on the tank itself, the pressure capacity.. mebbe it's still there..
    ako rin.. mahina sa 2nd floor. i upped the cut-off to 25 psi - 45 psi.. a far cry from 60 psi with my previous tank, which we bought way back in 1971... alas, after over 3 decades, it had started to leak at several places..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Ok lang yan

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003

If your tank is rated for it, surely why not. But next thing to lookout for is whether your pipe lines can hold on to this pressure as well. If your using GI pipe, should not be a problem but kung pvc and the joints are poorly sealed, that's where your problem might arise in the next days. Just watch out for leaks and you'll know where the culprit is.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Checked the tank, rated for 40psi lang. Pero nakalagay tested up to 60psi.

Bago lahat ng water pipes ko, unitec ang ginamit ko, yung crimp ang mga joints.
    Last edited by boybi; September 17th, 2014 at 06:51 PM.
    Signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How to install a pressure tank?