New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    ahhahahaha! Sorry I meant AX. Pwede rin ang AXE so you would stay fresh diba?

JJGF you're so funny!!! Baha nga eh bakit yung bumbero ginagaya mo?

hahaha ewan para laging ready lang sa posibleng mangyari na kung anu ano sa daan like yung mga offroaders madalas may dala na shovel (accessories na din)... yung iba naman may dala lagi na beng beng kahit pupunta lang sa kanto....

mother ko laging may dala na timba at tabo pag malayo pupuntahan namin..( alam mo na kung para saan hahaha)

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Sure, it rains in Singapore. But flooding is minimal because they were smart enough to build a good drainage system.
    someone mentioned at philstar forum about the SMART tunnel in Malaysia. That is a good design but we cannot have one like that here in RP because:

1. Our government doesnt have the capacity to build "extreme engineering" (mega-structures), only refurbishing stuffs..
    2. lots of SOP (tongpats)
    3. Government ignores the services of real professionals (architects/urban planners/EnP),
    4. LGU/officials are only good in hanging tarpaulins with their face getting the lion's share (50-75 percent) of the tarpaulin/billboard area
    5. Lawmakers are active only during investigations in aide of election..
    Last edited by KERSMcRae; October 12th, 2009 at 05:38 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Parang bigla gusto kong tumira na sa ibang bansa.

Especially after reading that the developed countries (e.g. USA / Canada / Japan / Britain) contribute 80% to the cause of climate change, but it is the underdeveloped countries (e.g. Vietnam, Thailand, Phils, etc.) which bare the brunt of its effects.

I mean, where is the KARMA in that? Sila ang may sala tayo ang pinaparusahan.
    IMHO, it just so happened na mas malaki ang contribution nila. pero not totally walang kasalanan ang 3rd world countries

tska lok-bu lang ang infrastructures dito, walang urban planning, poor governance, and the list goes on. mas powerful at wealthier ang 1st world countries kaya minsan, minimal lang ang damage sa kanila, or nakakabangon agad.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    hehe sir dagdag ka na din ng: (meron ako nito sa oto hehe)

- medicines
    - canned goods (for 2days atleast)
    - lighter
    - survival knife
    - small ax
    baka ma checkpoint tayo, sabihin me special mission tayong gagampanan

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    baka ma checkpoint tayo, sabihin me special mission tayong gagampanan

itago na lang mabuti.. hindi naman maaamoy ng dogs nila yun hehehe

nakumpiskahan na ako ng baseball bat noong college days sorry OT na

----------
    Last edited by innoBOB[09JmtG]; October 14th, 2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: doble el poste

nabulabog ang mundo after ondoy,

ang daming repairs na gagawin, hanggang ngayon ala pa kami pldt!!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    change? well, I'm back to commuting.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    now whenever I pray, it makes me always include the welfare of my country, in my list of petitions..

OT:
    i still have that little hope for our country that someday the Philippines will be seen as a developed and progressive country admired by several nations. it may not be in our time, but it will happen.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ondoy brought out the worst and the best in the Pinoy. On one hand, we saw the incompetence of government officials, the seeming lack of funds due to garapal corruption, the lack of training and preparedness for emergencies calamities, and the list goes on...

On the other hand, I saw hope. As Pinoys responded to the needs of others, I saw the genuineness in us. The willingness to help, the generosity, the resilience, the compassion, etc.

There is hope. But we have a long way to go. First and foremost, our country needs a renewal. A personal renewal for all Filipinos that will translate into community renewal and then into a national renewal. Unless there is change in our hearts and in our minds, and the will to DO what is best for our country, then this country will just degenerate into one chaotic place, God forbid! Someone once said that each and every one of us is an agent of change. It starts with us, how we conduct ourselves, how we live our lives, how we do business, how we relate with one another, etc. Unless we affect change ourselves, then the bad guys will always have their way. BE the change. I am sure that with the Lord's guidance and blessings, He will see our country through.

As for me, I included country as part of my priorities now. I never thought about it before. I always complained (and I still do), was uncaring, and almost indifferent.

Tough journey ahead folks...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
How has your life changed after Ondoy?