New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    nothing has changed. our house, even our community, wasn't affected at all. ondoy was just like a "usual typhoon" that passed NCR. that's it.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    ~snip~

On topic, Ondoy made me even more paranoid.

-I get scared when it starts to rain really hard.
    - I don't go out when it's raining unless necessary
    - I am going to prepare a disaster kit.
    - I am going to put all important docs in plastic envelopes rather than brown envelopes
    - I am going to buy a water resistant bag where I could put all important docs and cash is case it starts to flood in our area.
    - I am also thinking of keeping less cash at home.

Ever since Ondoy, I found myself being really conscious about the topography (?) or elevation of an area.
    psychological trauma tawag dyan. its only normal after experiencing a calamity first hand.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mas naging visible ang mga basura and mas makikita na clogged na and di na enough lahat ng waterways para makalabas ang tubig. kaya konting ulan puno ang central plains, di na makalabas papuntang dagat.

lakas magkalat ng tao, plastic wastes are definitely the big factor. kitang kita dahil ilang taon na di pa rin tunaw.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    hehe sir dagdag ka na din ng: (meron ako nito sa oto hehe)

- medicines
    - canned goods (for 2days atleast)
    - lighter
    - survival knife
    - small ax
    I've always had in my car the ff:

-clothes good for a day
    -lighter
    -flash light
    -slippers
    -plastic bags

I used to leave food in my car like crackers and cookies but it always ends up getting spoiled because I would often forget about it.

I used to keep a swiss knife in my bag but I stopped bringing it when I forgot to take it out of my bag when I went to the airport. hehe.

What do you need an axe for if you get stuck in a flooded area?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Or Singapore. Kasi hindi bumabagyo doon.

God has truly blessed that tiny city state (even though their government is secular, meaning, neutral when it comes to religious matters). Or maybe their God is more powerful than our God.

Sure, it rains in Singapore. But flooding is minimal because they were smart enough to build a good drainage system.
    Singapore might be a great idea at first but the city state is really a small place to be.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    This is where my buddy immigrated and she says that she's having the time of her life in Australia. She's convincing me to follow but I really don't want to leave Manila.
    As long as you have a good job in Australia, life there can be much much better than in the Philippines.

As mentioned in another thread, there was one time I was planning to migrate to Australia. My skills were in demand that the time I was planning it.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    maraming gamit ang axe,ax ano ba talaga? hehe yan ang tool na hindi mawawala sa mga firefigthers (ginaya ko lang sila )

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ahhahahaha! Sorry I meant AX. Pwede rin ang AXE so you would stay fresh diba?

JJGF you're so funny!!! Baha nga eh bakit yung bumbero ginagaya mo?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Parang bigla gusto kong tumira na sa ibang bansa.

Especially after reading that the developed countries (e.g. USA / Canada / Japan / Britain) contribute 80% to the cause of climate change, but it is the underdeveloped countries (e.g. Vietnam, Thailand, Phils, etc.) which bare the brunt of its effects.

I mean, where is the KARMA in that? Sila ang may sala tayo ang pinaparusahan.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Singapore might be a great idea at first but the city state is really a small place to be.
    Ang gusto ko lang sa Singapore if I will reside there permanently is that at least it is near the Philippines. Anytime puwede akong dumalaw dito kung gusto ko dahil malapit na, mura pa pamasahe sa eroplano. Unlike say, USA or Canada na more than 10 hours ang flight at the least.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
How has your life changed after Ondoy?