New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapc...eut/index.html

MULTAN, Pakistan (Reuters) -- Pakistani police have arrested five men on charges of kidnapping and gang-raping a woman in the latest of a string of so-called honor crimes.

The married woman was attacked because one of her male cousins had an affair with a women whose father disapproved of the relationship, police said on Wednesday.

"The accused say they carried out this horrible act as an act of honor," said police official Mohammad Mumtaz.
    these actions are so atrocious they make me embarrassed to be a member of the male species.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iba kasi culture nila. Sa Middle East uso pa din ang parental marriage at kapag hindi na virgin ang babae nung ikinasal eh pinapatay. Ang tanong, papaano napipreserve ng mga babae ang virginity nila hanggang ikasal sila halimbawang nagkaron sila ng ibang boyfriend hehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    potah, mas dishonorable naman ang gang-rape

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IceColdBeer
    Iba kasi culture nila. Sa Middle East uso pa din ang parental marriage at kapag hindi na virgin ang babae nung ikinasal eh pinapatay.
    i get what you're saying...pero diba parang ang labo nung logic nila? yung pinsang lalaki ang may atraso sa pamilya mo, pero yung babae ang gagantihan mo?

Ang tanong, papaano napipreserve ng mga babae ang virginity nila hanggang ikasal sila halimbawang nagkaron sila ng ibang boyfriend hehehe
    napanood ko yata tong pelikula na to ah

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I also disagree with their actions, but it's their culture & customs.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pakistan is only acting on those things now (since there is a lot of pressure from the West to do so).

IMO - Christianity has done a bit to temper many atrocious deeds being done in the past (also by Europeans).

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Unfortunately, quite number of these "honor rapes" have been going on in Pakistan for the past few years. It is also unfortunate that most incidents have not been reported to the authorities. Like what J_A said, their culture is very different. They are still in a culture where most of the women believe that their men are their masters. Now, to some of you this might be represive but just remember: they are different from you. When we went there more than a year ago, we had women companions. We went to the remote villages and talked to the women folk and men folk. Believe me, they still don't believe or could still not get the concept of men and women as equals.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    oxymoron yan, only it doesn't make sense. rape is not honorable.

ganun talaga sa ibang bansa, kinakawawa masyado ung babae. in india or pakistan, pwede daw idivorce ung babae just by shouting "i divorce you!" at the woman.

i wonder what the gang rapists would say/think/feel if somebody else gang raped their mothers or sisters. would they still think it's "honorable"?
    Last edited by badkuk; July 7th, 2005 at 09:36 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas matindi pa nga yata yung iba kasi stoned to death! p*k7 sakit nun!

i get what you're saying...pero diba parang ang labo nung logic nila? yung pinsang lalaki ang may atraso sa pamilya mo, pero yung babae ang gagantihan mo?
    Yup labo talaga. Malamang takot sila sa kapwa lalake hehehe.

OT: Madalas kaaway ng mga Noypi yang mga Pakistani dito sa HK dahil sa mga pinay DH. Tiramid din kasi mga yan eh hehehe. Laging taob sa rambolan hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    read same story sa time mag... in broad daylight, yata sinasagawa ito, naka-pila mga lalaki, una muna yong chief

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
"Honor rapes"? you have got to be kidding me...