New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Like what J_A said, their culture is very different. They are still in a culture where most of the women believe that their men are their masters. Now, to some of you this might be represive but just remember: they are different from you.
    we are all human beings, having a different culture doesn't excuse the fact that the way they still treat women is fundamentally wrong. they are being left behind by the rest of the world and if they dont enforce basic human rights for everybody walang mangyayari sa culture nila.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ronin, I know where you're coming from. I agree that the cuture thing is no excuse. But that's just the way they are. A number of NGOs and foreign governments have been trying to get in-roads to change the culture of these people for decades. But, like what I was told me by a village chief: what we believe is not necessary what you believe and vice versa. The concept of "human rights" is still not clear, if not foreign, to most of their people. A number of them think that "human rights" is the concept of foreigners with Western beliefs. In some places there, this Western thing is not welcome.

Even if their government implements policies to "improve" human rights, most of that is for show: to the foreign media, to the foreign celebrities that go there, to the U.N. and to whomever donor/grant agency that is out there. They put on a "show" so than more aid money, grant money or foreign loans come in. If any of us think that the bulk of these funds go to the improvement of human life for basic human rights, well...like I said: that's what we think.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; July 7th, 2005 at 02:07 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i understood what you said the first time dude.
    i just quoted you to state my own opinion on the subject.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They don't usually welcome change since it will cause a partial collapse of their highly patriarchal society.

Since childhood, women were taught that they were just a notch above cattle while men were taught that they are superior to women.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    honor my arse!

libog yan, bow.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
"Honor rapes"? you have got to be kidding me...