New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ok, so alam nating lahat na lahat ng sobra e bawal... ano ba ang considered na "moderate intake" ng honey, say kung ang pag-"intake" mo e tipong you pour a certain amount of tbsps on a glass add hot water and pour on a tumbler with ice cubes for a refreshing cold drink after a day's work. I'm "weaning" myself away from softdrinks in my current assignment e. not to mention, unlike sa ibang installations, "free-flowing" ang softdrinks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mahirap sagutin yan bossing kasi depende rin ata sa nutritional needs ng katawan mo (plus other factors would eventually contribute to the moderate amount of honey). IMO, moderation in your case may be different from another person's needs..

pero just in case, I found a site which might help you ..
    http://www.honey.com/consumers/honey...itionfacts.asp
    ---
    Honey's Nutritional Profile
    Honey is composed primarily of carbohydrates and water, and also contains small amounts of a wide array of vitamins and minerals, including niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.
    Of recent interest is the antioxidant content of honey. Honey contains a variety of flavonoids and phenolic acids which act as antioxidants, scavenging and eliminating free radicals. Generally, darker honeys have higher antioxidant content than lighter honeys.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    honey is good, could be even used as sweetener for diabetics, but too much is not good

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ok. will go through your link s'hanren after I go back to shift. but just a quick post, before I sign off, the thing that's really making me think is would taking too much of honey be like something similar to taking in too much sugar (brown/white, etc.)?
    so, let's just take the Philippine RDA na lang for basis, does it have provision for honey?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sugar is still sugar. Diabetics can have honey, but only in very very moderate quantities... and yes, even if you are non-diabetic, your intake of honey should still be regulated by the RDA for sugars.
    Last edited by niky; July 6th, 2007 at 03:46 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm a diabetic and I dare not take in even a drop of honey.
    That'll kill me.
    Honey = Carbohydrates
    Carbohydrates = Turns into Blood Sugar when digested

When I was diagnosed as a Diabetic, I was dumbfounded as I never
    had a sweet tooth and drank moderate amounts of soda. I never had
    cravings for sweet things. So why the hell did I have the bad luck of getting this dreaded disease?

But I was a Carbohydrate junkie (I loved rice and donuts) and suffered everyday stress at work. So these are the two factors that almost killed me.
    Now I know that:
    1. Carbohydrate = Sugar = Poison
    2. Stress hormones induce the liver to flood the bloodstream with
    glucogen (glucose). So even if you don't eat anything sweet
    or carb rich but you find yourself in a stressful situation, your
    blood sugar levels shoot up.

After Years and years of being like that, I developed insulin resistance and my body stopped processing my blood sugar into energy for my cells. Kaya yung glucose sa bloodstream ko ay naiipon at tumataas. Pag napabayaang mataas ang sugar sa bloodstream, the sugar will destroy my nerves, my kidneys, my eyes, my heart and a lot of other things. Kaya, ingat talaga ako of what I put in my mouth.

I have attended diabetic forums where there are a lot of 20something
    Type 2 Diabetics. All of them worked for Call Centers. That proves the
    Stress=Hyperglycemia equation.

Take care of yourselves. Being diabetic is like suffering in purgatory and there is a diabetes epidemic going on right now due to our modern lifestyles (Stress + High Carb Diets). You need not have genetic predisposition to get diabetes.

Honey: moderate "intake"