New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi mo talaga maiiwasan ang stereotype. Ganun ata talaga.

Just don't be stereotypical siguro.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ako rin CSB grad.

noon, i tried ComSci sa DLSU, pero kulang lang ako ng 0.5 points para makapasok, kaya i tried naman ng BSBA-CA sa CSB, dun ako nakapasa, and naka graduate naman as DL. As CVT said, maraming magagaling na IT professionals galing CSB (ahem... hehehe).

karamihan ng batchmates ko di rin nakapasa sa DLSU-Main. Ngayon, karamihan sa kanila may sariling negosyo at malaki ang kinikita, kaysa sa mga kabarkada namin na taga DLSU-main na ComSci graduate nga, staff naman ang position sa isang company. :D

eto, di naman sa nananakot ako (almost all schools have urban legends), pero maraming ghost stories dyan, lalo na sa S410-S409 -- girl na naka black na mahilig mag-seat-in, tapos lalakad papuntang sa harap (blackboard) tapos tatagos sa blackboard! hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    * Revenant

The choice of a school really depends on your objectives in taking up postgrad studies. If it is to help you advance in the corporate world, then the school name on your diploma can make a big difference. But if it is to help you gain expertise in your field, then the school's reputation should be less of a consideration than what it can actually offer you.

As you stated "I normally couldn't care less about the school's name, it's what she could offer that matters to me." Thus, your best bet would be to go to the source directly and ask graduates of the CSB program you are specifically interested. Hopefully you will get honest and insightful answers.

I believe there are some universities that do offer enterpreneurial programs. By default, because of the busy skeds of the target students, night/part time programs are offered.

A more cost-effective alternative may be to join organizations where you can seek out the advice of older, more experienced members. You will be surprised at the wealth of wisdom many of the older guys can provide you.

Any which way you decide, good luck!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Oh well... still go to the Top 3 schools: Ateneo, UP, La Salle...

Kung MBA its AIM, UP, Ateneo, La Salle...

For Finance I will give this to La Salle...

wala naman akong na-mention na CSB ha.... hehehehehe

take note that currently, top management from multinational corporations e puro taga Ateneo, UP, La Salle... based on experience, they still want to get their "ka-baros" kaya better stick to the top 3 schools....

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post
    nasa tao yan..wala sa eskwelahan.

yan ang ayoko sa pag iisip ng pinoy pagdating sa edukasyon.

hindi naman yung school ang may kasalanan ng pag unlad at pagbagsak ng isang tao eh...kundi yung ugali ng tao sa pag aaral.
    agree! it's the character of the person, not the institution that will make him/her successful

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Read this very well:

De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde (DLS-CSB) started out as a community or night school for working students based in De La Salle University-Manila (DLSU-M). Under the leadership of the late Br. Andrew B. Gonzalez FSC, the community school evolved into a dynamic institution that offered pioneering degree programs different from what regular universities and colleges had.

Today, DLS-CSB is a learner-centered community that belongs to the eighteen District schools that comprise De La Salle Philippines (DLSP). Guided by the Lasallian tradition of Religio, Mores, et Cultura, our educational philosophy is founded on the belief that each student is endowed by God with talents and gifts that should be understood, appreciated, and nurtured.

http://www.dls-csb.edu.ph/default.as...ion=10&what=10

I am currently studying at CSB and enrolled in the night program. I say that the night program provides the best education that your money can buy IF you are working and your time is very much limited. No sense of taking the night program unless tamad ka lang and feel mong mag aral between 6pm-9pm everyday. Convenient, yes but they are primarily designed for working students (like me).

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Personally, I am the stereotypical DLSU kickout who went to Benilde and got into the Dean's List.

So, what is wrong with that? You mean as kickouts we can't redeem ourselves and excel in another school?
    So what wrong with that? Nothing! For some of the people I know, Benilde was the school that gave them a chance to redeem themselves and did very well after that. (inggit ako kse graduates na sila and very successful)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Quality of education? Pretty good... a lot of their instructors have industry experience. Night classes are also a notch better than regular classes since most that attend here are not part of the stereotypical Benilde crowd.

As Isuzoom said, the variety of courses is also good.
    Yes and most (if not all) actually practices their subjects. Like my Marketing professor works as the Marketing Manager of Samsung Philippines, my Business Law professor practices Business and Corporate Law duriung the day, etc.

I like this line that M2 mentioned:
    ...are not part of the stereotypical Benilde crowd. (referring to the Night School Program peeps)

CSB caters primarily for the "artistically inclined" individuals thus we have courses like Fashion, Technical Theater, Hotel, Restaurant and Institution Mangement, etc. We also have courses designed for individuals who are geared up for business and entepreneurship thus we have Export Management, Human Resource Management and of course, the night school program for Marketing Management and Business Management and Entepreneurship.

To the thread starter:
    see and reflect on yourself if these caters to your needs and maybe decide to be a Benildian too soon! I am proud to be one and I don't see myself as a "lasalista" as I am not from DLSU Manila. Although maraming "feeling lasalista" sa CSB but then, we went to school to learn and earn a degree, hindi para magpa-pogi (pogi na tayo pare!!! hehehe!). BTW, classes starts on Sept. 8 (and yes, it's a Friday....dunno why though).

Like what I said, consider the path that you would like to take in your career and see the Night School Program of CSB caters best to your needs. By the way, we call the Night School Program as Career Development Program or CDP now. Good luck and God bless you on that! Sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by russpogi; September 4th, 2006 at 09:26 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    kahit iyon mga varsity player ng DLSU (MBT) na nawala sa line up ng Archers
    doon na din nag lalaro sa Blazers.
    mas nailalabas pa nila skills nila, mahaba playing time nila
    compare ng bench warmer lang sila sa La Salle

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Makikiangkas lang po...

Maliban sa CSB, ano pang universities ang may night program? Ito bang night program pang postgraduate lang? Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    masasabi ko lng though the name of school helps, whats important is your passion to learn, so it would not matter if you studies at a govt or private institution=)

about CSB, ive got lots of friends who took up their college degree and some currently taking their master at lasalle, i think they are doing great=)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    had 2 cousins who graduated there and another 1 currently in his 3rd year puro hrim sila lahat.. sabi ng cousin kong nauna grumaduate doon dont bother going there, wala ka daw matutunan. sabi naman nung 2 ok naman daw.. hehe ewan ko sino paniniwalaan ko sa kanila.. kanya-kanyang personal experiences n expectations lang talaga siguro..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Honestly, what do you think of College of Saint Benilde?