New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I'm thinking of taking up a degree in Management. I'm currently running a small business with my gf and it's growing well to the point that I just can't rely on books anymore. I only have free time at night and DLS-CSB offers BS-MGT as one of their courses. Being an Ateneo graduate, I've heard of some, uh, "horror" stories about CSB's quality of education. I normally couldn't care less about the school's name, it's what she could offer that matters to me. However, some La Sallites say that CSB has this reputation of being "bagsakan ng mga Lasalista." Is this true? Honestly, what do you think of College of Saint Benilde? Do you know of any other schools that offer nightly degree programs?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Nearly all my friends who got kicked out of DLSU-CCS ended up at CSB where some even got it to the Dean's List :D

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Iyan din ang unang reaksyon ko, lalo na't sa katabing unibersidad ako nagtapos, ilang taon na ang nakaraan.

Pero ngayon, sa dami ng mga taong kakilala ko na nagtapos sa CSB,- at maayos naman ang kanilang naging trabaho,- napawi lahat ng aking negatibong opinyon sa kanila.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Now that's a quick, disturbing reply lol.

What about their BS-MGMT night program, any info/comments?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I dont think Bagsakan sila ng DLSU they also have good courses sa Culinary Arts and HRM..depende lang yan sa courses you want to take.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    Nearly all my friends who got kicked out of DLSU-CCS ended up at CSB where some even got it to the Dean's List :D

Disturbing nga naman ito,- siguro naman ay hindi ganitong ka-grabe.

Marami akong kakilala personally na graduate ng IT courses sa CSB na magagaling na mga IT Professionals.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Benilde graduate here... I got a college degree & post-baccalaureate there.

Quality of education? Pretty good... a lot of their instructors have industry experience. Night classes are also a notch better than regular classes since most that attend here are not part of the stereotypical Benilde crowd.

As Isuzoom said, the variety of courses is also good.

Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke
    Nearly all my friends who got kicked out of DLSU-CCS ended up at CSB where some even got it to the Dean's List
    Personally, I am the stereotypical DLSU kickout who went to Benilde and got into the Dean's List.

So, what is wrong with that? You mean as kickouts we can't redeem ourselves and excel in another school?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have some friends at CSB and they are ok. They're not what you might think na superbobo or something like that. hehehe

Since you're an Atenean, why not take BS-MGT or any related course from say, UP Diliman, Ateneo Grad school or AIM?

Going to CSB with such mindset might take you off-course.
    Last edited by Horsepower; September 4th, 2006 at 10:44 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Naalala ko tuloy noong 4th yr. Highschool kami sa La Salle(LIPA), syempre kalimitan sa DLSU mo gustong mag college, di kukuha ng entry exam pag pasa di DLSU na, pag bagsak CSB muna. hehehehe, GANUN pa rin pala.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sir Revenant, what's lacking in Ateneo GBS? Schedule ba? Friend ko grad ng AIM, ayun mas mayabang pa than another friend who got his MBA sa CSB. they were both working while getting their masters so probably AIM has night sched. Yun lang po.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Honestly, what do you think of College of Saint Benilde?