New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    for me, whatever form our govt has, is immaterial.

the bottom line is that public servants have the cardinal responsibility to serve the public and the common good. bayan muna before anything else. ito yung sinumpaan nila nung sila ay ma elect.

kaya lang some of them have short memories after getting elected...tapos self-interests pa ang common norm...

paulit-ulit na lang ba ang history, wala na ba tayong maasahan sa mga politicians natin???

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    mga kapwa pinoy talaga mahilig sa short cuts. nakakatawa ang mga ginagawa nilang abv. ng mga words...for example:

Cha-Cha, Con-Con, Con-Ass :lol:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, this is boils down to the ff. issues:

1. Do I want a bunch of traditional politicians to elect from themselves the chief executive of this country? NO. I think its the right of the people to elect not just those who purport to make legislation but also those who are tasked to implement them, whether they be local or national officials.

2. Do I have a problem with term extensions of present officials? YES. Without distinction as to administration or opposition. Simply put, the ultimate yardstick of an elected official's performance is whether the voters will vote him into office again (assuming he hasn't reached his term limits). The primordial power of a citizen and a voter is to choose those who'll run the country. Remove that, and you'll have more people marginalized in terms of their civil rights rather than promoting the exercise of their rights.

3. Should we distinguish what amendments or revisions are good or desirable for our Constitution? YES, we should. Specific amendments which only affect the constitutional provisions on national patrimony will have the direct effect of improving the economy so long as it eases the restrictions of foreign ownership of land or public utilities. What is terribly non sequitur is the proposal that changing the form of government automatically translates to a better economy or less hungry people. The personalities running government haven't changed, mind you, for the past 20 years.

4. Should the Constitution be changed by CON-ASS or CONCON? For me, DEFINITELY BY CONCON. Simple fact of the matter is, the incumbent congress cannot be trusted to amend or revise the Constitution because they won't stop with just tinkering with its economic provisions but also change the provisions which would remove term limits. I'd rather elect persons who'll have the responsibility of proposing constitutional amendments than have 194 people who easily influenced by pork and term extensions.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Phil society is selfish by nature, from the masses to the top. It doesn't matter what system you put in, the fact is MAJORITY don't give a crap about the nation as a whole, so all these for/against a constitutional change is trivial at best.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    bahala kayo sa buhay nyo.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    joke! hehe... abuse of freedom of speech... another misinformed columnist trying to misinform the public that would create a commotion that would misinform the foreigners...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hayaan na lang sila i-express ng iexpress galit nila, mauubos din steam nyan. people will get sick of the whiners in front of TV.

truly misery loves company. di naman kelangan tawagin "Miserable X'mas" dahil lang dyan. halatang-halata pag-solicit ng support thru writing

sinong sira-ulong pinoy, magpapakadepress sa issue na yan. sobang alarmist yan writer.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Pfft... another idealistic but misinformed columnist.

No backing from the Constitution? It clearly states there that a charter change can be made by the Congress.

No backing from the Courts? The only matter that the Supreme Court has to decide if Congress should form and vote as a whole or separately (House & Senate).

No backing from the people? Why does a lot of people like me support chacha since it was proposed by FVR years ago?

A LOT of people are like the said columnist... all bark and no bite. They keep on bringing up that GMA cheated in the elections, but our Constitution ONLY allows the other presidential candidates to file a protest which neither the late FPJ or Ping Lacson did.

I agree. problem kasi minsan sa mga anti Gloria ay porke anti sila lahit ng projects ng administration eh ayaw na kaagad...hindi ako pro Gloria pero isa ako sa mga naniniwala na maganda ang Charter Change sa Pilipinas.

Remember yung National I.D system? ang ganda sana kasi isa nalang i.d kelangan pero hindi nanaman aprove kasi project ng administration ito kaya hindi pwede kasi human rights ay matatapakan. CRAP!

Ang dami nagsasabi sa atin na "bulok sistema ng gobyerno" pero bakit ngayon na papalitan na eh bakit ayaw? dahil ba kay GMA? Yung sabi ng isang pulitio dapat agter election nalang ng election bago charter change...SIRA ulo pala yon eh! bakit sa tingin ba nya eh papayag ang mga bagong elect sa senado na 1year lang sila sa postion nila at approve nila kaagad na mawala senate?

dont know about the church leaders here. nasan na yung TRUST AND FORGIVENESS na tinuturo nila? lagi ako nagdadasal pero alam ko sobra pakiki alam nila sa pulitika.
    Last edited by jonski; December 13th, 2006 at 02:09 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Phil society is selfish by nature, from the masses to the top. It doesn't matter what system you put in, the fact is MAJORITY don't give a crap about the nation as a whole, so all these for/against a constitutional change is trivial at best.
    phil. society is like a housewife. deep inside, she wants change from her pitiful status, she wants to let out some suppressed or hidden desires. but when opportunity comes, magpapaka maria clara and will consider change as the work of the devil

ganyan ganyan si ma'm cory, and sampu ng katulad nya like the simbahan and the self-righteous seniors of this country.

puro bluff. eto na nga, history in the making. aatras pa!

sugod na tayo mga matatapang na pinoy whatever the outcome!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    phil. society is like a housewife. deep inside, she wants change from her pitiful status, she wants to let out some suppressed or hidden desires. but when opportunity comes, magpapaka maria clara and will consider change as the work of the devil

ganyan ganyan si ma'm cory, and sampu ng katulad nya like the simbahan and the self-righteous seniors of this country.

puro bluff. eto na nga, history in the making. aatras pa!

sugod na tayo mga matatapang na pinoy whatever the outcome!
    well said...pilipinong matapang

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast