New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    guys,

got my water bill yesterday and was surprised to see that i will pay P16,850.10!! me leak daw under the house sbi ng tubero since there are no visible leaks anywhere. nilinyahan na lang ng bago since sobrang bilis ng andar ng meter. it solved it.

fyi, in the last 7 yrs living in this house, my water bill average consumption is only 26 cu.m. (less than P300/month). it shot up to 630 cu.m. last month!!

need advise on steps to take sana. planning to call MW later then go to their office to arrange some kind of settlement.

grabe talagang kamalasan to. baka meron sa inyong tiga-MW (or had experienced this) na pdeng mag-advise.

salamat!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    maybe installment for 1 year ung 16T bka pumayag MWSS

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Talk with Manila Water to understand what are your options.

If it registered on your meter, I guess you can't do anything much.

Good luck, bro.

3202:rainbow:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    staind,

If you don't see any leak after the meter, tapos nakasara ang mga gripo at umiikot ang metro, definitely there's a leak somewhere in your water line starting right after the meter going into your house, ikot ng ikot ang meter mo nyan. If this is the case, walang magagawa ang Manila Water kasi wala naman problem before the meter or on the meter itself.

ang kailangan mo eh tubero or, maglalatag kayo ng panibagong water line/pipe from the meter into the house

Ganyan naging problema ng hipag ko, yun nag latag sila ng bagong linya, umayos naman.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yun nga sabi ng tubero, after the meter ang leak. sa ilalim ng bahay (underground) kaya di makita. nung nilagyan ng bagong water line from the meter, ok na sya, nagstop na umikot yung meter pag walang tubig na ginagamit.

ang problema ko kasi, sobrang laki ng babayaran e from a monthly average of less than P300/month! ang sama nun, we didn't use the water e. we had no idea that there was a leak till the bill came! biro mo, ang equivalent na babayaran ko for last month is the total of my 5 years of water consumption!

di ko pa nache-check kung ilan na consumption from the date of reading till today kasi nanghihina pa ko sa babayaran e.

bad trip talaga to.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You'll have to pay the amount. You can ask if you can settle the amount in a number of down payments.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    had the same problem last month. from an average of 500 naging 3000+ yung water bill namin. had no choice but to settle the amount and had the entire ground floor plumbing redone. exposed na mga tubo para kita kung saan yung tulo

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i think they're willing to do the installment payment. accomodating naman ang manila water.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yeah, hopefully they'd agree on installment basis.

but i was hoping that they'd have contigency plans for severe cases like this in the form of cash breaks. sobrang laki kasi compared to my water consumption for the last 7 years! i feel like i was robbed kasi di ko man lang nakita yung natapon na tubig.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by staind View Post
    yeah, hopefully they'd agree on installment basis.

but i was hoping that they'd have contigency plans for severe cases like this in the form of cash breaks. sobrang laki kasi compared to my water consumption for the last 7 years! i feel like i was robbed kasi di ko man lang nakita yung natapon na tubig.
    happened to me before also when we lived in zambales. no leak but there was unexplained increase. i got them to reduce the amount as settlement. maybe something similar for you?

since you were able to trace the cause, looks like you're gonna have to bite the bullet. bad trip, but there it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HELP with Manila Water!!