New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello, I will be taking up a project 4-6 weeks from now. I'm supposed to repaint a small room sa house.

I do have some questions for the more experienced Tsikoteers in this field:
    1. Is latex paint the right paint to use? I will be repainting a concrete wall as well as newly fabricated small cabinets. Will one paint type work for both?

2. What kind of wall prep do I need? Can I just sand the existing paint (looks semigloss white to me) and paint over? I'm planning one coat of semigloss and two coats of light pink (the final color). Tama po ba ito? Do I need to primer again?

3. What kind of wood prep do I need? Made of new plywood yung cabinet. Do I have to primer? It doesn't really have to be perfect (kaya DIY lang) but I also don't want the paint to peel all over the place.

4. I'll be using roller brushes. Any tips on storage? How do I store the paint also.

Salamat po.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm, not an expert here, but when we moved into our current residence, the walls were painted hideous lime green, we painted it to be light yellow with water-based Boysen paint, forgot what kind. 2 Years na ok pa naman.

My wife and I had zero concrete painting experience, all we did was wipe the walls with an MF to remove dust, taped off some of the edges, laid down newspaper on the floor and started painting with a roller.

Since it's water based, it's water thinned as well. We did a decent job naman.

Wood, no clue hehe.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    1) latex paint is for masonry surface only, use quick dry enamel paint for wood and metal

2) as much as possible remove all existing paint and apply MASONRY PUTTY if may cracks , no need of primer, you can apply color white first then final coat

3)for new plywood, sand the plywood then apply GLAZING PUTTY to fill the small crack or wood grain, then apply FLATWALL ENAMEL on the first coating then QUICK DRY ENAMEL on the final coat

4) roller brush sa concrete ok lang, but for enamel base mostly they use brush, for storage just seal the paint cover properly after using

for other info, try visit www.boysen.com.ph ,

there will be an increase in price of all local paint this August 01, so buy ASAP, around 3% ata, sayang din hehe

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Paging .........kimpOy

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dejavu ako ah, parang nabasa ko na replies ni fortuner at boeing dati..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    buy 1 roller and 2 brushes one big and 1 small for the small corners and edges where the roller can't reach. For the wall its alright to use a roller but on the wooden cabinets its still best to use airspray because a roller/brush leaves wave marks. But if your alright with the wave lines then its no problem : )

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Si Kimpoy kailangan mo Otep..the PaintMaster

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Paki-check din yung expiry date niya. By international standard, ang shelf life ng most paints ay 6-months and should be stored in a well ventilated area.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Masama ba kung hindi ko iprime at latex ang gamitin ko yung plywood? Hindi naman pang-magazine yung kwarto. Parang dorm-type room nga lang siya. Kaya medyo cost cutting. hehehe.

Paano ba i-store ang brushes?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

[HELP] DIY Room Repainting - questions galore