New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sa mga adik sa mga forum dito matanong ko lang...has a post,thread or particular word's of a poster ever chnaged your opinion or caused you to look into an issue further :confused:

usually,may mga smart opinion from other poster and member ang nae-encounter natin na minsan sa pinapaniwalaan ninyo!

*sa akin lang ay-i stick and i stand for what i believe,
    but i do respect other's opinion...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yup... it's about the gas saving gadget yata (iyong magnet)... one friend asked us if we want to buy a pair(shell be bringing it from Manila)- wala kaming alam tungkol dito tapos we searched dito sa tsikot.... based from comments/opinion - nag-decline kami to buy the gadget

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    yup, marami and it always turned out for the better.

prime example would be my purchase of a vvti instead of 2.5d4d fortuner. i could have gotten a unit a month or so earlier but because of the "d4d engine woes" thread, esep-esep and tanong-tanong muna.

taking into consideration other people's opinion is the way to go. i also stand for what i believe in but not up to the point of being stubborn and appearing all-knowing. (katulad ko, parang nasa siko lang utak ko pag dating sa maraming bagay lalo na sa mga tsikot )

pero sa prinsipyo, ibang usapan yon. puede ko don ng patigasan ng ulo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My opinions change all the time. Especially when it comes to something I don't really know a whole lot about-cars. It is an integral part of learning, one day you know something and make up your mind about that, the next day, you learn something more which changes what you previously thought correct.

Opinions are not facts.
    They are subjective interpretations based on observations, experiences, facts even, etc of our world.

The problem is, instead of seeing facts, some people stubbornly promote their erroneous ideas under the mantle of it being their opinions and demand that others respect it as such. It is with growing dismay that I see false beliefs masquerading as opinions being respected and given the recognition they don't deserve. Case in point, can we honestly say that Hitler's belief in the supremacy of his race was his opinion and we should likewise respect it and leave him to his machinations? I dont think so.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ako yun threads about dollar-peso, stock market and some threads sa business forum.
    totally nawawalan na ako ng gana sa maliit na business ko na built ko from scratch.
    mayrun naman pala other way. slowly but surely each day absorb ko na lang and I make sure na i-read ko sya everyday until totally maintindihan ko.
    nakakapanghinayang lang. sana noon pa ako on-the-lookout sa mga informative threads like those.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I only learn from all the threads I read. My knowledge gets better and better. Some of my misconceptions have been corrected also.

As for opinion, I'm quite a stubborn person, but I can sometimes be won over if the argument is well defended and credible.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    About cars, my opinion may change based on testimonials from others, but it is always tempered by second, third and fourth opinions as well as personal experience.

About things like business, religion, politics, culture, society and education, I tend to stick to my own views. I do take into account the opinions of others, but only a very convincing argument backed up by facts will make me change my opinion about anything. That doesn't happen very often online.

There are some journalists, though, that make you think very long and hard about whether your moral, ethical and philosophical standards have any relevance, though.

That's the difference with forums. You can attack another person's opinion right away, and a lot of people do so. With so many conflicting opinions in one place, any good posts or well-explained opinions MAY be overlooked, thus, people will not have the opportunity to reflect upon and absorb them.

Sometimes, I reflect on one particular post for a day or so, but by the time I want to answer it (either to disagree or agree), the discussion has already moved three pages...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ako naman *niky pag hindi ko na alam ang sagot o lito na ako at hindi ko na ma-convince kausap ko , mag-jo-joke na lang ako.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako dun sa thread about religions...nag change ako...

for the better.dahil sa mga opposing views ng mga non believers...lalo yata lumakas ang faith ko sa kaniya..napapasimba na ako every sunday.heheheh

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sure, all the time. but like niky said, it has to have good logic and credible facts to back it up. there's a lot i don't know about a lot of topics, so i learn from a lot of threads and i always end up changing my opinion if i don't know much about the topic to begin with.

i also consider the source. i tend to take people who usually present their stuff intelligently at their word, and discount people who i have seen post really stupid things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Has A Post Or Thread Over Changed Your Opinion?