New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky

That's the difference with forums. You can attack another person's opinion right away, and a lot of people do so. With so many conflicting opinions in one place, any good posts or well-explained opinions MAY be overlooked, thus, people will not have the opportunity to reflect upon and absorb them.

Sometimes, I reflect on one particular post for a day or so, but by the time I want to answer it (either to disagree or agree), the discussion has already moved three pages...

Bingo.
    Plus forums provide relative anonymity, where people, who otherwise wouldn't be so vocal in the real world, can just blurt out their 'opinions' without having to be held accountable.

*spell check

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    It has changed my opinion lots of times. Not really a singular post but more of how a thread prospers and the information exchanged. in this way, I'm able to sift through the opinions of countless others and from this, I can make my own.

mind you, this is not just a senseless picking of other people thoughts but rather a dynamic process in which my opinion may or may not change based on the said exchange of ideas.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's the way it should be... never listen to just one person, and make up your own mind about things.

For those studying psychology or education, reading through and participating on an opinions board is very satisfying. You develop a "feel" for people, an insight into how they think.

Once you can identify with a person, you'll know why his or her opinion is that way. And knowing their reasons, you can assess for yourself the validity of their ideas in your own personal context.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    influenced is a much better term for me... a lot of times...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not actually but it got me thinking...

merong thread about hydrogen electrolysis and one of the links lead to another link which lead to another link, and another .... until i found a site discussing electrolysis inventions in depth. what is good about the site is that it not just take the inventor's words for granted, the author has engineering knowledge and even admits things that he could not explain. anyway there is an electrolysis process that produces 17 times the theoretical maximum output, meaning 17 times more energy than the electrical input energy. of course, using applicable science (faraday's law) this is suppose to be impossible. but the the author admits this and suggests another source of the extra energy, which is indicated by the lowering of the temperature of the water (which is reverse to the normal process wherein the water heats up during electrolysis). for those interested (and want their scientific knowledge to be challenged) look up "pulsed electrolysis" in google.

i'll edit this post later when i find the site again.

oh, btw, it has not changed my view, yet. not until i've tried it myself

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Has A Post Or Thread Over Changed Your Opinion?
    Generally, no unless I walk in clueless and don't have an opinion to begin with.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    not actually but it got me thinking...

merong thread about hydrogen electrolysis and one of the links lead to another link which lead to another link, and another .... until i found a site discussing electrolysis inventions in depth. what is good about the site is that it not just take the inventor's words for granted, the author has engineering knowledge and even admits things that he could not explain. anyway there is an electrolysis process that produces 17 times the theoretical maximum output, meaning 17 times more energy than the electrical input energy. of course, using applicable science (faraday's law) this is suppose to be impossible. but the the author admits this and suggests another source of the extra energy, which is indicated by the lowering of the temperature of the water (which is reverse to the normal process wherein the water heats up during electrolysis). for those interested (and want their scientific knowledge to be challenged) look up "pulsed electrolysis" in google.

i'll edit this post later when i find the site again.

oh, btw, it has not changed my view, yet. not until i've tried it myself

faraday's law is possible is proven and tested...but what makes not viable as an alternative to fossil fuel is the cost of hydrogen electrolysis process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Has A Post Or Thread Over Changed Your Opinion?