New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here..grafitti is mostly art....

but for vandalism..there are a lot of reasons why they do it.

YUM YUMMMMMMMMM

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline View Post
    we have a graffiti problem in baguio too. graffiti here is caused by local iterations of the bloods/crips LA streetgangs -- a so 90's concept if you ask me.

the streetgangs here has become a major issue, graffiti has become a problem and several deaths have been reported. i hope the city's recent imposition of a curfew on juveniles will lessen the problem.
    umabot na pala sa Baguio ang crips and bloods..worldwide phenomenon na pala sila... :hihihi:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    GOv't, esp. MMDA, should use their talent to decorate metro manila - of course not grafitti style because only few appreciate it. oh, and since only few appreciate it probably this idea is "suntok sa buwan" hehe.

Pero IMO, "graffiti is both art and vandal. depende nalang on how it's been printed and what it looked like." as what "AKU" posted on the previous page.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    art or vandal??? simple lang sa akin to distinguish them... art pag ginagawa in broad daylight na they have all the time to do it (gaya yung post ni ser glennster hehehe) at vandalism naman kung gawang patago
    graffiti is both art and vandal. depende nalang on how it's been printed and what it looked like.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May nag-ga-graffiti sa gate ng bahay ng parents ni commander. Halos sa buong neighborhood. Mga typical gang markings lang naman.

Kaso hindi tumatagal ng isang araw pinipintahan ko din. Unahan na lang kami maubusan ng pintura ng vandals. hahahaha.

After a while, ayaw na maglagay dun sa gate. Yung mga kapitbahay na lang ang sinusulatan. Siguro sumuko na. Sayang lang pintura nila saken.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^ hahahah 'steg un ah! "dapat nilagay mo ubos na spray paint mo noh!?"

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I wonder if a certain septic tank excavation company has asked permission or paid duties to all the walls they've painted their ad on.
    I know most central/northern luzoners could relate to this company's ad gimmick... I wonder, if they're liable for vandalism...just a thought...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aku View Post
    I agree. There's a difference between this

and this

Pero both illegal pa rin.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post
    here..grafitti is mostly art....

but for vandalism..there are a lot of reasons why they do it.

YUM YUMMMMMMMMM
    mga na feature sa tv ito ah.. its art man.

ito ang one of the oldest graffiti.

The satirical Alexamenos graffito is believed to be the earliest known representation of Jesus

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    It's originally a culture, an expression, needless to say

In advanced countries, it's pretty much welcomed. In fact, some are given their own domain, freedom wall.

Sadly, in our country,, guessed the culture is attributed as crime.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Graffiti can be an art because visual appreciation in this case can be due to the acceptable standards or of prevalent thinking--murals, paintings, writings, etc.

Vandalism, on the other hand, is wanton malicious defacement of one's property.

Markings for territory or presence is an innate cry to reach out and hereby make one's presence felt which dates back to mankind's history as to our wandering or nomadic past....its evolutionary...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
GRAFITTI: What's the logic by those who do it?