New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hi all,

Am sending my child to UP (college) next school year, and as I'm not very familiar with the place, would you have any recommended accomodation place to rent which is walking distance to UP campus? Could be a condo, apartment or dorm.

Another option is to buy one if I can get one for less than P3M. Would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Sa UP compound madami for rent jan.

Pag-isipan mo muna ng madami beses bago ka bili condo. Madami nag-sisi after bumili condo, like nagulat sa monthly dues, maingay kabilang room dahi nipis ng pader, tubig kakaba amoy because of poorly maintaned tank and many more problem sa condo. Babae or lalake anak mo? Or hanap ka na lang maliit bahay/townhouse less than 3million pero bandang tandang sora na yan. Pag 5million meron mga maliliit townhouse bandang scout area sa timog papunta edsa at sa likod ng east ave. Pero kung condo hanap mo talaga napakadami surplus ngayon baratin mo magpahard to get ka.

Pero sa townhouse hindi rin gaano magaganda dahil yung nauuso ginagawa ngayon grabe kaliit gate halos sakto lang kotse. Pero much better kaysa condo.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Sa UP compound madami for rent jan.

Pag-isipan mo muna ng madami beses bago ka bili condo. Madami nag-sisi after bumili condo, like nagulat sa monthly dues, maingay kabilang room dahi nipis ng pader, tubig kakaba amoy because of poorly maintaned tank and many more problem sa condo. Babae or lalake anak mo? Or hanap ka na lang maliit bahay/townhouse less than 3million pero bandang tandang sora na yan. Pag 5million meron mga maliliit townhouse bandang scout area sa timog papunta edsa at sa likod ng east ave. Pero kung condo hanap mo talaga napakadami surplus ngayon baratin mo magpahard to get ka.

Pero sa townhouse hindi rin gaano magaganda dahil yung nauuso ginagawa ngayon grabe kaliit gate halos sakto lang kotse. Pero much better kaysa condo.
    Thanks for the inputs kagalingan.

And yes, I am aware of condo considerations.

Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Since UPD is so big, there really isn't a condo/apartment that's "walking distance" since you'll have to take the Ikot jeep to get around from building to building anyway.

Most of my friends on a budget go for bedspaces in Krus Na Ligas, a barangay right across CP Garcia. However, it's a shady slum environmemt so you might not like it there.

Your condo options are limited to Katipunan. SM Berkley is one jeep away from UP (Katipunan-UP Campus route). The restos along Katip are also easily walkable in case your kid doesn't want to cook dinner.

There are also dorm options along Esteban Abada (behind and parallel to Katipunan). A few minutes walk to the jeepney stop in front of Miriam College to enter UP.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Since UPD is so big, there really isn't a condo/apartment that's "walking distance" since you'll have to take the Ikot jeep to get around from building to building anyway.

Most of my friends on a budget go for bedspaces in Krus Na Ligas, a barangay right across CP Garcia. However, it's a shady slum environmemt so you might not like it there.

Your condo options are limited to Katipunan. SM Berkley is one jeep away from UP (Katipunan-UP Campus route). The restos along Katip are also easily walkable in case your kid doesn't want to cook dinner.

There are also dorm options along Esteban Abada (behind and parallel to Katipunan). A few minutes walk to the jeepney stop in front of Miriam College to enter UP.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Great! Thanks for the advise Jut.

You're right, either my kid takes UP-Ikot jeep, or takes a Katipunan jeepney ride + UP-ikot.

Thanks again. Very helpful feedback.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Yep UP Diliman is huge. Kalayaan Residence Hall inside the campus is relatively near freshie frequented buildings like Palma Hall, but I don't recommend it. Probably still dirty and ill maintained. Just in case someone tries to talk you into it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Yep UP Diliman is huge. Kalayaan Residence Hall inside the campus is relatively near freshie frequented buildings like Palma Hall, but I don't recommend it. Probably still dirty and ill maintained. Just in case someone tries to talk you into it.
    I don't think they are Kalay's demographic anyway. In fairness last time I visited for their open house after the renovations, maganda na rin. Have a lot of fond memories of the place in my freshman year.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    "I don't think they are Kalay's demographic anyway."

But it will be a good training for them to experience this. Back in my days, I had boardmates who come from affluent families, even political ones. They are now well rounded professionals probably owing to the environment they had to live in during their college years.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    get the OLX app on your celphone and search "for rent UP Diliman". dami mo na options na makikita dun including rent-to-own condos.

UP diliman is big. get your kid a bike, iwas pa sa traffic.
    Last edited by yebo; January 16th, 2017 at 10:14 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    get the OLX app on your celphone and search "for rent UP Diliman". dami mo na options na makikita dun including rent-to-own condos.

UP diliman is big. get your kid a bike, iwas pa sa traffic.
    Thans for all your feedback, much appreciated.

Yes, I'll try it with OLX as suggested.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast