New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Congrats TS, you must be so proud to have a child that will be going to UP. Matalino

This is what my parents did. I wanted to go to Ateneo, but I was not allowed to take the entrance exam by my parents. But I'm thankful they forced me to go to a school closest to home Back in the 90s, I could still go home for lunch when I had a 2 hr break.

I did notice that my colleagues who lived away from home in college were more independent and had strong leadership skills. I guess it's good training to live alone at a young age.

Thanks Cathy, yes she's bright and smart, and people who knows about getting accepted to MBB (Molecular Biology and Biotechnology) course in UP know it.

Yeah, living independently at a young age has its pros and cons.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Thanks Cathy, yes she's bright and smart, and people who knows about getting accepted to MBB (Molecular Biology and Biotechnology) course in UP know it.

Wow MBB. Tinitingala namin yan. My room mate in Kalayaan was an MBB undergrad back then. Puno parati room namin pag malapit na exams. Nagpapatutor sa room mate ko

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Wow MBB. Tinitingala namin yan. My room mate in Kalayaan was an MBB undergrad back then. Puno parati room namin pag malapit na exams. Nagpapatutor sa room mate ko

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Ano career sa MBB?

My first ever boss is a graduate of BAA and she's one of the smartest people I know. Up until her batch, parating 100% passing sa board exams.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Wow, MBB. Congrats to your daughter. 👍
    Ano career sa MBB?

My first ever boss is a graduate of BAA and she's one of the smartest people I know. Up until her batch, parating 100% passing sa board exams.
    MBB is the premier science course in UPD. Simplistically, it's to Bio as BAA is to BA.

You can't say that BAA people are smarter than those from MBB because they're totally different. BAA grads often enter corporate or entrepreneurship.

MBB grads often take further education (PhD, MS), often abroad. Some also pursue medicine as it is one of the few economically viable paths locally after graduation as a STEM career in the Philippines is very, very limited compared to other countries.

One of my good friends is an MBB grad taking up his PhD in Japan. A few other MBB batchmates are in different med schools (UPCM, SLCM, ASMPH). Still others are taking up MS and internships, both locally and abroad. None from my batch, but a few from those before and after, went back to our high school alma mater to teach Bio or STR.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; June 23rd, 2017 at 01:02 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Ano career sa MBB?

For starters one can take medicine later on (although most counselors don't recommend starting with MBB) or get a job with a pharmaceutical/biotech company. Or any career you want, even law. Its not the course that defines what career you will excel in, but the skills you acquire. Also its not the course that defines if you are smart or not (we science majors used to look down on those at the CBA, pero mali pala yun as I realized later in life). Kahit fine arts or masscom or engg or physics, may kanya-kanya tayong specialty and one is not better than the other.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Not really far but because of worsening traffic, can be easily 1-2 hours commute to UP, which can be better spent on studying and getting enough sleep.
    I had a student this past school year who always arrived early to my 8:30 class. When asked why, she said she lives in Parañaque, and has to start her drive to Diliman VERY early to evade the traffic. Apparently, when she finished high school, she was given a choice of a car, or a condo near school. Now she regrets having chosen the car.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    I had a student this past school year who always arrived early to my 8:30 class. I asked her why, and she says she lives in Parañaque, and has to start her drive to Diliman VERY early to evade the traffic. Apparently, when she finished high school, she was given a choice of a car, or a condo near school. Now she regrets having chosen the car.
    if everybody chose the condo over the car, we probably wouldn't be in this mess-of-a-trafic now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123