New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    hassle lang yan sir imo. in extreme cases pag pumalya ang genset ng condo or kung may power crisis talaga just like in gensan and cotabato.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    add mo na din sir... gasoline powered...
    depends, meron din kasi LPG fueled gensets.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    IMO, chances are bawal yan unless patago mo gamitin which is kinda hard. You'll have to refer to the deed of restrictions and your building admin. Definitely you cannot piggy it onto your condo wiring system so if ever, it will be genset where appliances or lights will be directly plugged into.

The question would be, is it worth it? Usually the condo genset should work for most occasions given that is supposed to be tested and maintained regularly.

some condos don't have a building genset for the resident units... just for the common areas and elevators.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Also to consider, how the developers wired your electricity to the main switch. It wouldn't look nice to run wires (even if you put it in conduit pvc pipes) across the living room to the balcony.

You might also need to upgrade your panel box to accommodate another circuit breaker or even better a double throw breaker.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    some condos don't have a building genset for the resident units... just for the common areas and elevators.
    Just to add, for those who have power to the units, it may not be 100% back-up power. Usually it just powers up the ref, stove a few lights and an outlet or two.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    +1, the condo where I used to rent had this set-up. So if its black-out, mainit sa loob ng bahay.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Also to consider, how the developers wired your electricity to the main switch. It wouldn't look nice to run wires (even if you put it in conduit pvc pipes) across the living room to the balcony.

You might also need to upgrade your panel box to accommodate another circuit breaker or even better a double throw breaker.
    Double throw breaker is best so there is no accident to having power from the building "mixing" with the power from the genset.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    +1, the condo where I used to rent had this set-up. So if its black-out, mainit sa loob ng bahay.
    That is the current setup at my condo. So when power goes out, so does the lights at my place. To counter this (without a genset), I just maintain a few emergency lights plus a couple of UPS for the often used areas (my bedroom, kitchen, etc).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung set up din sa condo where I stayed (university tower) parang Ref lang at isang outlet ang may power when the gen set is on... hindi ko pa na check pano ang billing non? hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock View Post
    Yung set up din sa condo where I stayed (university tower) parang Ref lang at isang outlet ang may power when the gen set is on... hindi ko pa na check pano ang billing non? hehehe
    I think it is included in your condo's monthly/annual association due.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast