New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ha ha ha ha ha, buti parehas kayo ng car na hindi nagasgasan or nalasog

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    looking back at it now and i believe the entire thing happened in less than 10 secs. left me with very little time to think.

but, being injured never really entered my mind. dali lang naman sumampa sa trunk kung sigurado na ko wala na talaga ko magagawa para pahintuin yung kotse.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    na wa-poise ka sa mga maid

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ako naman, naka-limutan ko mag-neutral habang nasa garahe. ang scenario kasi, 4 am ilalabas ko yung kotse since matagal kasi naka-park yun, naka-release lang ang brakes at naka 1st gear lang. binukas ko yung pinto para pa-start na, pag-start, muntik na akong maiwanan- buti di nakatutok yung pick up namin kungdi- yari din yun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    ganyan nangyari sa isang friend ko but he was not so lucky. the vehicle, a pajero, was ok and no scratches whatsoever. but he got pinned between the front bumper and the wall, broken ribs and a broken leg. he would have died since he could not breathe anymore with the weight of the pajero bearing down on him. it was his mom, smaller and lighter than he was, who singlehandidly pushed the pajero and got him free. superwoman!
    i was about to say something to this effect....if you had lost your footing baka :rip: ka na ngayon. careful out there...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Just out of curiosity why did you not just go back into the car and hit the brakes?
    Last edited by the_wildthing; July 27th, 2007 at 03:08 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ang bilis ng mga pangyayari. whew!

may guardian angel ka!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How heavy is your car? how heavy are you? do the math. you're lucky you didn't sustain any injury trying to stop a car probably 10 times more heavier than you.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Just out of curiosity why did you not just go back into the car and hit the brakes?
    sabi ko nga less than 10 secs nangyari. and malapit na sa ramp yung car nung nakita ko. that part of the garage is little bit tight, if i'd attempted to get in it's either may tama door and gate namin tapos di pa din ako nakapasok or hintaying ko ma-clear nung door yung gates. pero the car would've been in the street then and the momentum would've made it harder for me to get in. since di na slow down yung car 2-3 seconds lang babangga na sa bakod across the street (our street is really not that wide). that's not much time for me to get in the car (while it's moving) and engage any of the brakes.

How heavy is your car? how heavy are you? do the math. you're lucky you didn't sustain any injury trying to stop a car probably 10 times more heavier than you.
    i know, thinking about it again makes me see how things could've gone wrong. it just happened so fast all i could do was act. wasn't even able to call out to my brother who was just inside the door of our house that time.

actually, my goal really was not to stop the car in the driveway but out on the street. i just tried to slow it down to make it more manageable on an even surface (on the road). plan worked. it really wasn't that hard to stop near the end.

i found the incident funnier yesterday; probably because of the adrenaline rush. i'm beating myself up more now.

lesson learned. never forget the hand brakes!

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    wow...good one bro, glad your car ended up scratch/dent free. Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I parked in front of Yoshinoya in Manhattan Beach, their parking was a bit sloped. After I got my order and stepped out, heavens I thought my car had been stolen, it wasn't there! I found it after refocusing my eyes, it was about 30 meters away, parked in another spot, in between 2 cars.

You want to know what's even crazier? My car had to make a hard right steer to end up in that spot that was perpendicular to where I was.

To this day I still have no idea how that happened.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
funny thing happend to me a while ago...