New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    so i just parked my car in our garage and i was closing then the gate when... i looked up and i saw the car slowly rolling down our driveway. crap, i forgot to engage the hand brake! waaaaaaa!!!!

takbo ako and i proceeded to attempt to stop the car from rolling out into the street. i thought na tatama sa post ng bakod pero when i got there buti nalang hindi (missed the right hand gate post by mere inches). so i kicked the halfway closed gates while still strugglin with the car.

by this stage nasa ramp na ng garage so mas angled na yung floor. nasa isip ko na nun (since medyo nag accelerate pa yung roll ng kotse) sh17, patay na, gastos nanaman.

the car rolled out to the street with me still behind trying to stop it. umabot kami sa bakod ng bahay across the street where i was finally able to get some leverage and stop the car. my final position was both my feet were up against the neighbor's fence while my back was against the trunk.

whew! buti nalang hindi busy yung street namin or baka nakadali pa ko ng ibang sasakyan.

i only find it funny since walang damage yung kotse, our garage post, and the neighbors fence. otherwise i'd be beating myself up for the next couple of weeks.

meron pala ako audience. 2 maids that were sweeping the street and also a couple of neighbors that were talking sa front lawn nila.

still shaking my head as i think about it. hehehehe.
    the first time i ever forgot the hand brake.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ROFL, just came home from work, naimagine ko itsura mo plus itsura ng dalawang maid... buti ala damage sa car mo, bawas pogi points lang, hahaha.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ahahaha. ang matindi ung sa may isang shop dito sa amin. along national hi-way pa mg ro-roll down dapat ung kotse. buti madami silang humawak. hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganyan nangyari sa isang friend ko but he was not so lucky. the vehicle, a pajero, was ok and no scratches whatsoever. but he got pinned between the front bumper and the wall, broken ribs and a broken leg. he would have died since he could not breathe anymore with the weight of the pajero bearing down on him. it was his mom, smaller and lighter than he was, who singlehandidly pushed the pajero and got him free. superwoman!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i don't think i'd try stopping an SUV by myself. iba talaga nagagawa ng adrenaline lalo na dun sa mom ng friend mo.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    plus pogi points yan sa 2 maids. uuuyyy!!! superman ka sa paningin nila.hehehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    parang mr bean ah

seriously though, it's a good thing you're ok and no damage was done to your ride. ingat na lang bos sa susunod

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hahaha! Ok lang yan! May mga araw din tayo! At least there were no damages and you're ok!

Kwento ko lang:
    I remembered my officemate from my previous company: she's pretty and drives an Altima. One time pagdating nya sa office, she parked the car infront of the building, got off then headed to the stairs going to our office when the guard called her and said, "Ma'am! Yung tsikot nyo nakaharang sa kalsada!". Then she realized that she forgot to engage the parking brake and her car rolled off the street.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Cool! Adrenalin rush...

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Mabuti hindi ka nasaktan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
funny thing happend to me a while ago...