New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    the masses will always know who is the best for them (sa cinema or sa pulitika) no matter what!
    no doubt the same hoi polloi who voted for Erap.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    may picture ako ni FPJ na nasa kabaong (medyo close-up) kaya lang para kasing disturbing kung ipo-post ko pa dito.... baka hindi tayo payagan ng mga mods.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_corolla
    may picture ako ni FPJ na nasa kabaong (medyo close-up) kaya lang para kasing disturbing kung ipo-post ko pa dito.... baka hindi tayo payagan ng mga mods.
    also got that one thru email. IMO - I feel kinda uneasy seeing it (since I don't look at the cadaver of people I don't personally know).

here's a few more quotes from our favorite actors and acrtress:

"FPJ is worth fighting for, FPJ is worth dying for ... Till we meet again, Mr. President," former actress Alona Alegre said, crying unabashedly, during volunteers organizations' special tribute to Poe.

Alegre said the gathering was an occasion to mourn "the passing away of a president."

"Who is the truly elected president? Waking up is difficult when you know the government is in the hands of people who were not elected by the people," actor Niño Muhlach said.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by baiskee
    gusto mo copy? ni-record kasi ng gf ko...papadala sa US yung mga clips ng funeral ni DA KING... tapos ayun, huli yung sama ng loob ni susan roces sa channel 2.

actually... obvious biased kasi abs-cbn kay GMA.

di ba binili ng gobyerno kay lopez yung maynilad na nalulugi? (maynilad nga ba?) simula nun, panay na ang promote ng ABS-CBN kay GMA.
    Baiskee!!

May kopya na ako..... kaya lang hindi video. hehe...

Angry Poe wife speaks out
    TV network hit for biased election reporting

Editor's Note: Published on page A1 of the December 17, 2004 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

SUSAN Roces, dubbed as "the face that refreshes" of Philippine movies in the late '50s, hardly looked like the demure debutante of the numerous flowers and frills movies she had starred in, but a woman who "was ready to tell everything that my husband had prevented me from saying."

In a fighting mood on the day she and her late husband Fernando Poe Jr. considered their "true" wedding anniversary (the couple marked their elopement 36 years ago yesterday, and were married in church rites on Dec. 25, 1968), Roces categorically asked for an accounting of the "persons responsible for besmirching my husband's name" on nationwide television, and lashed at critics who had called her husband "a mere actor" who had no business being in politics.

In a rare outburst of anger, the actress asked what had come of those who had besmirched her husband's name, adding that her family would not allow their honor to be trampled upon.

"What has been the punishment of those who faked (my husband's) birth certificate?" she said.

Poe's camp had alleged that documents brought out by former National Archives Director Ricardo Manapat in the heat of the political campaign this year showing the presidential contender was not a Filipino had been forged. Lawyer Victorino Fornier had also filed a disqualification case against Poe, arguing that he was not a natural-born Filipino, but the case was thrown out by the Supreme Court.

The actress also pointed out the irony in conferring the title of National Artist on Poe by some quarters, when they had questioned her husband's citizenship. "What are the qualifications in order to be given such an honor? Who is giving the award?" she asked.

Timing of offer

Twice in the interview, with GMA 7's Mel Tiangco, Susan questioned the timing of the offer.

Asked to comment on the report that Malacañang was amenable to giving her husband a Presidential Merit Award, the actress said: "Sana ibalik na lang nila ang ilang percentage ng entertainment tax to the people in the industry. My view is that Ronnie deserves to be honored by his colleagues and by people who sincerely feel that he made significant contributions to the industry."

Scolds ABS-CBN

Later, in another interview with ABS-CBN, she told a startled Karen Davila of TV Patrol World: "Masama ang loob ko sa inyo, Channel 2," she said bluntly, charging that its bias against her husband in the coverage of his presidential bid, had continued in its reporting about Poe's electoral protest, his illness and death.

"Hindi ko kikimkimin ang sama ng loob ko," she emphasized. "People don't want to watch your news coverage because you capitalize on personal hurt," she said.

The widow then proceeded to cite instances during the last elections when Channel 2 reporters only took "tight shots" designed to create the impression that FPJ's sorties were not well-attended. "You did not show the crowd, you weren't showing the people," she said.

Reacting to the interview, ABS-CBN sent a brief statement saying it "respects the sentiments of Ms Roces," and was extending its condolences to the Poe family.

Regarding plans to assume her husband's role in the opposition, Roces said tersely: "I just want to clarify that I have no plans of joining politics. I have no plans of making my life more complicated. I also do not want people to take advantage of me," the actress told Tiangco.

"Marami akong gustong ipagpatuloy na alam kong gustong gawin ng aking asawa, pero para personal na ambisyon, wala akong ganoon. Palagay ko yan ang dahilan kaya nagkakaganito tayo ngayon.

"Katulad nang mga nasabi ko nuon, pag ninakawan ka ng pera, madali. Pwede namang kikitain mo ulit yon. Pero pag ninakawan ka nang pangarap, di mo na maibabalik yon.

"After this I want to spend sometime by myself, to gather my thoughts."

But she said she did not regret her husband's foray into politics, although she felt a rage within her.

"Galit dahil hanggang ngayon ang mga hinaing ng mga tao, ay hindi pa naibsan. Ang question ko, ano ba ang ginagawa nila sa mga nasirang tulay sa Quezon? Sending relief goods is not enough. What have they done about illegal logging?"

Asked what she felt when a wreath sent by President Macapagal-Arroyo was torn to shreds, she said: "Karamihan sa mga bulaklak na nandito ay galing sa mga tao na kakilala namin, na sincero nagmahal kay FPJ. At yon din ang naramdaman nang mga supporter na tumatanggap. Di ako sang-ayon na hindi mabigyan galang ang mga alaala na pinaabot dito, pero hindi ko hawak ang damdamin sa mga tumatanggap nito. Nalulungkot ako na madinig yan, pero it also reflects on the person sending it. Alam mo me atraso, dapat bumisina ka muna. Siguro dapat isipin nila ano ang atraso nila. May malaki ba silang atraso?" she said.

Vowing that she would not keep mum from now on, Roces said she would be "the voice of the people." But she stressed that she would do her bit to help "as a private person."

"All I want is for us to come together to continue whatever his dreams were for all of us," she said. "And like he said once, let us not lose hope because it is possible that hope is the only thing we have now."

At the height of the campaign, Poe was often put on the defensive by his detractors who questioned his citizenship, claiming he was not a Filipino.

"I have no regrets that he joined politics," Roces said. "But I'm angry that they thought so little of my husband." She said she was particularly hurt when Poe was referred to as a "mere actor" by newspaper publisher Max Soliven.

She said actors like her know the value of education, and that is why they strive to have their children finish school. But degrees and titles in themselves mean nothing unless they are put to good use, she said.

On a lighter note, Roces said she had used her husband's perfume for the occasion, and lifted the hem of her skirt to show off Poe's black socks. She also carried his white handkerchief, she added.

Asked why she did that, Roces replied: "So that I can feel him all around me.

When Tiangco asked her to confirm a story that Poe had commandeered the singer Rico J. Puno to serenade her on one occasion when she was in a jealous mood, Roces replied with a laugh: "Hindi lang si Rico." At one time, she said Poe hired an entire orchestra just to appease her.

"At lumalabas ang pagka-Bisaya ko pag galit ako," she admitted.

Every Dec. 16 for the last three decades, Roces said she and Poe would wake up staring at each other, and then blurt out: "Napagtiyagaan na naman natin ang isa't-isa. Isang taon na naman."

They did not have to say, "I love you," she said, for deep in their hearts, they knew how much they cared for each other.

At the end of the interview, Susan thanked all those who supported her husband.

"He has not left us," she said. "He is still with us."

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nagtaka rin ako bkit kaya nila pinayagang kunan ng litrato ung bangkay ni FPJ?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
FPJ na stroke... sumalangit nawa