New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Oo nga sir victorevolution, cool lang tayo. Besides, the news said, the investigators were looking at a blown-up tires might have caused the accident. Which to our own interpretation, something else might have contributed to the said accident. Pwede ring mabilis ang takbo because of thinking that the road is wide and only a few motorist around the skyway. So, may chances din na medyo bumilis ang takbo basing na rin sa sumirko sirko ang SUV and the extent of the damage was big. And the Fortuner flipped over as far as 100 meters.. Marami rin sa atin na hindi pa alam talaga ang capabilities ng ating sasakyan, especially SUVs tall and sturdy but vulnerable to toppling to that efffect. Nagsasabi lang din ng opinion(s) ang iba.

Let's just wait and see how TMP can explain things clearly and not just mere facts that "it didn't deploy" the airbags because it didn't smack it right. A big puzzle indeed.. Considering na total wrecked nga ang front ng Fort. tsk tsk..

OT:But how can we know kung gagana ba talaga ang airbags? Kasama kaya ito sa Maintenance checkup ng Casa? Something we have to get enlightenment...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^^ i agree

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    airbags won't protect the occupants of a vehicle if the vehicle rolled over multiple times and occupants are thrown out of the vehicle

what good are airbags in this case?

the deployment or non-deployment of airbags is totally irrelevant in this case

if the SUV was slow, it wouldnt tip over and roll multiple times

even if a tire blew out

it was fast
    Last edited by uls; May 19th, 2010 at 01:01 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I wish they also answer why the roof caved in. They should have made stronger pillars.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Just be safe guys... no need to argue...Just make sure that our seat belts are working properly and make it a habit to do a 360 degree checkup of your vehicle before leaving.. it would only take a few minutes of your time..

Also if you have a trip prepare early para maiwasan ang nag mamadali sa daan because you need to catch a plane or something..

If you have kids.. make sure that they are sitting properly with seatbelts on.. remember the car is not a playground so they shouldnt be playing inside a moving vehicle.. If you have a baby.. dont let somebody hold the baby.. make sure you have a car seat properly tucked in with seatbelt on..if you dont have a car seat.. buy one. dont say its expensive because you were able to buy a car but not a car seat? safety of your baby is on the line...

I work for a company who sells and train safety solutions .. i can get fired by not wearing seatbelts on my own car even if it's a non working event that i'm attending.. this is how strict my company is...

Be safe..practice defensive driving...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I think I heard namatay na din daw yung driver ... RIP.

Buti na lang Im not into mid- or full- SUVs ... nauuso na naman roll-over a. May traction control ba yung Fort? Yun yata ang dapat na nag deploy.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    airbags won't protect the occupants of a vehicle if the vehicle rolled over multiple times and occupants are thrown out of the vehicle

what good are airbags in this case?

the deployment or non-deployment of airbags is totally irrelevant in this case

if the SUV was slow, it wouldnt tip over and roll multiple times

even if a tire blew out

it was fast
    tumpak! yun lang yun

kawawang mga bata

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Some people forget that SUVs are not designed for high speed maneuvering....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    SUV rollover

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5NAEM7IaaE[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd3NUH6w40c"]YouTube- SUV rollover caught on camera[/ame]

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    SUV rollover
    So those rollovers were caused by frontal collision...

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Fortuner Skyway accident (4 perished)